*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886893-Bite-the-cake
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#886893 added July 9, 2016 at 5:59am
Restrictions: None
Bite-the-cake
Oh my it's Saturday and it's my grandson's 12th birthday. We're going zip lining together Let's reminisce about our childhood birthdays. What was your favorite birthday year? Did you do theme parties? Or go places? (BC)

What is the most "WILDEST" birthday gift you ever received? (BCoFs)

We used to do a game at my birthdays when I was a kid called bite-the-cake. Small cakes or biscuits were attached to a line and held up high in the air, high enough so that we could reach them. Then we got blind folded and try to eat the cake. It was fun to ten year olds in 1972.



I don’t remember much about my childhood before the age of twelve unfortunately, but that’s a memory I still cherish.

** Image ID #2089729 Unavailable **

The most extravaganza birthday gift I got was 16 years ago. Due to circumstances I didn’t own a car, and my aunt, the eldest sister of my late mother, just called me out of the blue to tell me she had bought me a small second hand car. It was a black Opel Corsa. I loved my new present, and enjoyed it for a few years before I bought the love of my life: a red Lada station wagon.



At the moment I don’t have money for a car, but the public transport system is very good in my city and country so I don’t miss it much. Accept for the FREEDOM it gives you, to jump in and go whenever you please to wherever you want to go. I really miss that!

The ninth day of "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

Creation Saturday!
Have you ever had to reinvent yourself personally, professionally, or otherwise? How did you go about it?

At one point in my life I quit my job, closed up my house and left the small provincial town I was living in to move back to the city of my birth. I literally owned nothing and had to go from scratch. It was the end of a difficult period in my life. I just went one day at a time.



I rented a small 2 room apartment in a bohemian neighborhood, went to the second hand shop to buy a few items and got reacquainted with the city and made some new friends. It went very well from the start. As soon as I could I purchased a new dog the love of my life Arie, a terrier. We have been together for ten years now. My move proved to be a good one. Now I live in another part of town, loving every minute of it. Life has been great recently. *Smile*


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886893-Bite-the-cake