*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886947-July-9th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#886947 added July 9, 2016 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
July 9th
Prompt:Creation Saturday! Have you ever had to reinvent yourself personally , professionally , or otherwise ? How did you go about it?
          So, have I ever deliberately changed who I am ? If I'm being honest with myself, the answer is yes. Over the years of both marriage and motherhood , I have changed, or perhaps it is more accurate to say that I have adapted. I learned to co-exist with four other people; each of us with different personalities , talents, and expectations.
          Sometimes, I have been forced to hold my tongue, and my opinions to maintain peace. What I think and what I would do are not always important. I am a wife and a mother with a hubby and three children who need support and understanding more than they need advice or criticism. I'm a cheerleader and a confidante .
         I have learned to talk less, and listen more. My opinions are now tempered with respect for those of my family. We are able to disagree without condemnation.My children do not have to be mirror reflections of me.
         When I was younger, I could be argumentative, and determined to be right. Obviously, I was tolerated, maybe even indulged. Tolerance has been a hard won lesson.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886947-July-9th