*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886986-The-Sunday-News-Good-News
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#886986 added July 10, 2016 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: Good News
Sunday, July 10, 2016

The week of July 3-9 was a good week. On the 4th of July, I sat outside my apartment to watch the neighborhood fireworks display. Many of the neighbors set off illegal fireworks which were beautiful. In fact I think the illegal fireworks were prettier then the legal fireworks that were set off at the time. No one in the neighborhood was hurt or killed and the palm trees were not sit on fire. I held a couple of sparklers which brought back memories of my childhood.

On Saturday, July 9, I drove my car for the first time sine my operation in February. I went across town between 11:00 and 11:30 AM to the Baha'i Center. The 9th of July is the anniversary of the Martyrdom of the Bab. The Baha'is along with guest from other faiths commemorated the Bab's Martyrdom with prayers, scripture readings, and songs that focused on the Bab's life and death. It was a meditative ending to a stressful week.

The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
It's been a rough week here in the US, and a rough month in Europe...instead of the typical Sunday prompt where I come up with a newsworthy item to discuss, I think now's the right time to focus on some good news. Do a little bit of lookin' around, and share with us something positive happening.

There is good news all across the world if we just look for it. The problem is that good news doesn't make the BOLD HEADLINES in newspapers, on the evening news, or across the internet. In order to find good news you have to look for it. I suspect this is one of the reason people are so depressed. They hear the bad news, it brings them down, and they stay down because they are continually bombarded with bad news. There is good news out there, but because it doesn't sell newspaper or get sponsers then it doesn't make the headlines. If we want to see good news then we have to Google good news.


If you want to find good news go to "sunny skyz".1 I followed the link and found several "good news" stories for the week of July 3-9. One of the stories is "Chewbacca Mom's New Video Proves She Deserves More Than Just 15 Minutes Of Fame"2. We need to follow the example of "Chewbacca Mom" and find a way to "Heal the World" through joy, laughter and love. Everyday we each have opportunities to do something to heal our world, but we have to open our eyes and look for the opportunities. If we find someone in the community doing something good then we need to thank that person or find a way toe spread the good news.

Footnotes
1  http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news
2  http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/1707/Chewbacca-Mom-s-New-Video-Proves-She-Des...


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886986-The-Sunday-News-Good-News