*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887145-Tuesday-Talk-Bad-Habits-Love-and-Team-Building
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#887145 added July 12, 2016 at 1:30am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday Talk: Bad Habits, Love, and Team Building
Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Life is an obstacle course
A team building exercise for the soul
To learn how to get along with other souls.

The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What bad habit (or habits, if you're feelin' feisty) do people have that make you wish you could inflict severe punishment upon them without incurring any punishment of your own?

When we were growing up my brother, Frank, had a habit of kicking or hitting his foot against the table leg when we were eating supper. This irritated me. This drove me to distraction. I would tell Frank to "Stop it." My stepfather would ask Frank what he was doing and Frank would say nothing. Frank was kicking his foot against the table leg on purpose because he knew that I dislike it. He knew he could get a reaction out of me. At the time I probably wanted to nail his foot to the floor or cut it off during dinner, but that would have been an extreme reactions. I think a better punishment would be making him set still at a table and listening to something that irritated him because then he would understand just how irritating it was trying to enjoy a meal with an unpleasant noise sounding all through the meal.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 856
W. H. Auden said in a poem, “If equal affection cannot be, let the more loving one be me.”
Do you feel you are the more loving one in your relationships?

Love isn't a competition! A relationship isn't a competition! In a relationship a couple should not be attempting to compete with each other on who loves the other more. A relationship is a partnership in which two people attempt to build a life together while remaining loving partners. People show love in different ways. Sometimes one partner in the relationship shows love by doing household chores without being ask to do them or without asking what needs doing. Sometimes a person shows love by placing little notes where the other can see them. Sometimes one member of the relationship my surprise the other with a gift for no reason at all. When the components start competing over who loves the other the most then I suspect the relationship may be in trouble because on member might feel he/she is not love because the other individual doesn't respond in the way expected.


Am I the more loving one?
Don't bug me by asking
An irrelevant question.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1336
Team building Experience: You've been invited to participate on an obstacle course with different heights involved and zip lines would you do it? Or would you suggest an alternative plan for the group to do? Or would you simply not show up?

I don't do obstacle courses! I don't see how obstacle courses assist in team building. Instead of going on a obstacle course the team should go into the community and assist people who need help. The team should volunteer at an animal shelter to clean the cadges and walk the dogs. Volunteer at a food bank to unload the food supermarkets donate to help the poor and the homeless. Pass bottles of water to the homeless so that they don't become dehydrated. Assist low income senior citizens who need someone to see that they have food or their homes are repaired. Do an altruistic team building exercise that helps the community instead of a selfish exercise like an obstacle course.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887145-Tuesday-Talk-Bad-Habits-Love-and-Team-Building