*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887232-Life-gets-interesting
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2070776
Another attempt at getting to know others and myself
#887232 added July 12, 2016 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Life gets interesting
I continue to try to sort through how my new place is defining who I am in relationship to God and other people. What more could I want after all.
Yesterday was my day to see my potential as a worker. It was kind of scary. I was invited to do a work project with someone who was doing temporary work with me at another site. It turned out to be a moving project. And yes God does work in mysterious ways.

I was at a church picnic with the Wesleyville Baptist church I shared about in a previous blog. I talked to the pastor's wife about my work exploits and she immediately asked whether I needed a back brace and yes I DID! She gave me the brace after the picnic and I proceeded to with the help of my friend moved 7000 pounds out of a moving truck to the upstairs of an apartment. I had never done anything like that and I hope I never have to do it again very soon. The week before we had professional movers take our stuff into our new apartment and not too long after that I was being the professional mover.

Today was a frustrating day with promise. I love the scripture that says that God has a plan that looks out for what is best for us in Jeremiah. I continue to be in conversation with my wife. She is still in Kansas City. I do not think I will ever completely understand why. The original plan was for her to be back in her hometown Erie, the 28th of June. Something is not going according to plan. She is constantly talking about projects that need to be done on our apartment and she has enlisted the help of my best friend's wife to get work done. She is not wanting any pressure. She hopes to get here by the end of the week we will see. I have been doing reading about the prodigal son by Timothy Keller. My journey has been informed by being tired of dealing with the pain of being in a place I was not wanting to be in any longer. I have noticed a lot of blessing since I made that move. Sharon comes across as an elder son kind of character. She is caught in not feeling that it is ever good enough. Time will tell what happens next. I am guessing that as a couple we meet somewhere in the middle. After all I am an elder son in many other respects. At some point she will get tired of being in KC and I will find myself getting frustrated at thing not going anywhere, because nothing I do is good enough.

That brings me up to the moment. I had no work today, due to a need for rest. I did shoot baskets and filled out another job application for a security job. At times it seems like a bottomless pit. I have been making phone calls and fretting about how Sharon and I can survive with the high price of our rent, us both not having jobs in a depressed economy and the challenge figuring out together what it means to settle down in this new place. I find myself wondering if I need to take money our of retirement which is an overreaction on my part. I have been unsettled by a lot of unexpected variables like having to deal with all Sharon's burgeoning seemingly endless stuff. We even have some of it in storage and she will take as much as she can fit in her van. I had no idea that this could or would happen. And yes the apartment situation we are in took place for the sake of three pets that no other apartment complex would invite. We had no idea that the place would only be one third of our last living situation. There will no doubt be trials ahead. I enjoyed shooting baskets and yes I am getting to know my way around. I got address change forms at the post office. My wife had requested I do that. Then she calls in an angry mood telling me that she was the one who did the address change and that I needed to get to that post office and see that it was destroyed. I was tired and I said yes and very slowly I did what I said I would. And then there was the trouble with my phone charger.

Over all I get ready to get to be and like what I am learning and trust my hope will not be in vain. Thanks for your prayers. I hope that all persons can know that my healing is healing that I can offer to others. God is good and will see Sharon and I through in time.
© Copyright 2016 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887232-Life-gets-interesting