*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887457-Social-Media-and-the-horror-in-Nice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#887457 added July 15, 2016 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
(Social) Media and the horror in Nice
Fifteenth day of "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

Fun Fact Friday!
On this day in 2006, the social networking service Twitter was publicly launched. Do you use Twitter? What are your thoughts on it? If you don't, tell us how you feel about social networking in 140 characters or less.

For me Twitter is the first social network I used and still am using to some extent today. I use it primarily to keep updated on the whereabouts of some war journalists at their fronts in the different war zones. I love the fact you only have 140 characters so you must be very economical with your words. It’s a great tool to compress your thoughts . The occasional picture will help clarify.



Nowadays, since I discovered that greater than great website called Writing Dot Com, I don’t visit Twitter as much any more. And I don’t post myself any longer. One hundred forty characters is too little for my needs now.

DAY 859 July 15, 2016
First of all, I want to say my heart goes out to all the families involved in the barrage of violence happening around the world.

Please take a moment to discuss something that is trending right now in your area in your entry. Are they important or trivial? I know when I glanced on MSN and saw the list, my first reaction was ... Seriously! Where is our world going?(BC)

I wasn’t able to watch the news since I was busy installing a new desktop after mine crashed. But on Twitter things broke loose on the terrible terrorist attack in Nice, France where someone drove a truck into the crowd and killed dozens of people. I am going to watch CNN to find out more.



The count now is 80 people killed, children among the death and more than 100 wounded. I am appalled, yet again. This is so tragic. What is there to say, other than again my heart goes out to those French people who lost family and friends. I am so afraid this type of attack and action will be something we will see a lot more of the coming years. These atrocities are not over, and neither is the war on terror. The world has become yet again a little darker.

(The screams of people involved in this carnage, apparently taped and broadcast, is horrifying).

The question is what can we do as writers, as citizens of the free world to put in front of these terrorist attacks?

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887457-Social-Media-and-the-horror-in-Nice