*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887535-The-win-Cleopatra-and-Obama
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#887535 added July 16, 2016 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
The win, Cleopatra and Obama
The sixteenth day of "30-Day Bloggers Group [13+]

Creation Saturday!

The comeback of your life begins with...

me winning third place of the Newbie ONLY Short stories and Poems Contest for June 2016 for "Doggie Time [ASR]. My Muse is definitely back alive and kicking after a few months of absence. YES!



Strangely enough, the fact that I am reading and writing in English/American as opposed to my native tongue Dutch has triggered things I guess. I am back into a flow, enjoying my stay at WdC and basically hitting it off these past 6 weeks.

I am even dreaming and thinking in the English language. *Ha*

DAY 860 July 16, 2016
If you had the opportunity to choose an era to relocate in history would you take it? What time frame would you pick if you did go and why? (BC)

I’ve always had a fascination with Cleopatra, the queen of the Arabian dessert since her name resembles mine. The last active pharaoh of Ptolemaic Egypt reigned from 51 – 12 August 30 BC for 21 years. Her name means "she who comes from a glorious father" and she was the fascination of many writers and movies.



I would like to take her part in history for a year or two just to get a feel for the place and time. Ofcorse their would be the perk of having a relationship with Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony, two of the most worthy of men in those days.

Cleopatra was of stunning beauty and had great intellect, she apparently could speak nine languages. Writing has it that she killed herself by way of an asp bite, a poisonous snake. *Shock2*

Cook Off Time
Tonight we are going to have a cook-off. Not just any cook-off but a Political one. I have already received an entry for The Whopper king "Whopper King" infowarrior and my very own Independence Day Cookies "Explore Your Kitchen - At Your Own Risk" . I am getting ready to add a Trumpkin spice pie.

Prompt: What would your entry be?(BcoFs)

I would make a home made ice cream “Obamarama” with cookie dough. Vanilla with chocolate and big chunks.



I loved President Obama for being the first Afro-American President of the USofA. I thought he was charming, trying to do good for both his country and the world and a relief to watch after the embarrassing presence of his predecessor George W.Bush. The fact that he didn’t keep all his promises to his own people had more to do with the Republicans being in his face than for him not trying his best. I am a fan.

I will miss him dearly, not just because I am fearing with great fears Donald Trump, whom I think is a very dangerous buffoon and shady, untrustworthy Hilary Clinton, the best of two evils. I hope the Democrats win the election! I think it’s better for the world and for America.




© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887535-The-win-Cleopatra-and-Obama