*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887573-Creative-Saturday-The-Great-Comeback-Writing-a-Summer-Poem
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#887573 added July 16, 2016 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
Creative Saturday: The Great Comeback Writing a Summer Poem
Saturday, July 16, 2016

"Poetry can be dangerous, especially beautiful poetry, because it gives the illusion of having had the experience without actually going through it."
Rumi

The Creative Saturday prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends
The comeback of your life begins with...

The Great Comeback

The comeback of my life begins with weariness. I'm just too old and too tired to put up with the bullshit anymore. I'm tired of my own procrastination. I'm tired of being ignored by other people, alright maybe others aren't ignoring me but it sure feels like it sometimes. I'm tired of my muse and my mind wandering and sometimes they get lost in the landscape. I'm tired of the fear that seems ingrained in my showing its ugly head when I attempt to accomplish something. I'm tire of living in the past and not letting go. I want to let go of the stupid things I did and which come backs to haunt me in the wee hours of the morning or evening. I know I don't remember every stupid thing I've did in my life, at least I hope not.


The great comeback of my life begins today. This morning I took a walk around half my block. This is a project I've attempted several times in the past, but haven't continued with for one reason or another. I'm sure the reasons I walk one day and skip three or four aren't good excuses or valid reasons. I know at the time I think they're valid but they're not. I need to walk to lose weight. I need to walk to goose my muse. I need to walk to watch what the neighbors are doing in the mornings. All though this morning they weren't doing a lot. In fact I didn't see any of the neighbors in my complex while I was walking. The lady in number 4 who takes Millie for a walk wasn't walking her this morning. Millie always sees me and wants me to pet her. Millie always barks when the door to her apartment is open and someone walks through the court yard.

The great comeback in my life begins with a summer poem. I took a walk around half my block today looking for inspiration to write a summer poem. I saw a man jogging wearing ear buds, listening to music, and not paying attention to his surroundings. This is dangerous in any neighborhood, but more so in this neighborhood. True he was doing it in the daytime which made it less dangerous then at night, but it's still dangerous because you never know when a couple is going to get into a knock down shoot out fight. All right maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I think I watch too much news and too many real life crime shows. Perhaps I need to watch the cartoon channel or Animal Planet more. Those channels have shows that don't show too much violence.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887573-Creative-Saturday-The-Great-Comeback-Writing-a-Summer-Poem