*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887726-Change-served-cold
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#887726 added July 18, 2016 at 12:12am
Restrictions: None
Change served cold
The eighteenth day of "30-Day Bloggers Group [13+]

Motivational Monday!
One of my all-time favorite quotes is from Hunter S. Thompson ..."Buy the ticket; take the ride." How much does "Buy the ticket; take the ride" apply to you? Are you a "get what you signed up for" type? Or someone else?

Tune in, freak out, get beaten. I think I am the realistic type here so I would agree with this quote. Although it’s difficult sometimes to accept what’s coming my way and deal with it. I have learned this the hard way.



Prompt: What kind of experiences or thinking makes a person change his ways, either from good to bad or from bad to good? (BC)

Changes in behavior or thinking, good or bad reversed, would be caused by therapy, medication, drugs, mental illness or brain dysfunction, childhood experiences, accidents, trauma, interaction with others, love, abuse, education. But also by peer pressure, society calling, the media or religion.



It’s the old classic Nature versus Nurture dilemma: it's really hard to decide whether a person's development (which change is) is predisposed in his DNA, or a majority of it is influenced by life experiences and environment. I would opt for both.

I hope one day to quit smoking for reasons of health and because of society saying it’s bad for me and making it hard to continue smoking by raising the price of cigarettes and putting texts and photos on packages like “Smokers die young”. It would mean a change from bad to good. My late mother dying of lung cancer (but didn’t smoke) would tribute to my thinking that it’s bad and change my ways.
Reading Allan Carr's Easy way to stop smoking would benefit in me stopping my bad habit.

But since it is very hard to change your way I am not sure if this would work. Fact is I still am smoking! *Smile*

We've experienced triple digit days here in Las Vegas. It' about time for the monsoonal moister to arrive so we'll be experiencing triple digit days with high humidity. Write a recipe for a Summer Cooler. It can be drink, food, or any other way you cool down on days with high humidity and triple digit temperatures. (BcoFs)

Making Ice tea: Two liters of cold tea and the juice of three lemons. Stir. Put in the fridge. Voila! Serve with ice cubes.



© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887726-Change-served-cold