*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888166-A-Fun-Talent
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#888166 added July 22, 2016 at 5:15pm
Restrictions: None
A Fun Talent
Red Dragon


Fun Fact Friday!

On this day in 1926, legendary baseball player Babe Ruth caught a baseball at Mitchell Field in New York. The ball had been dropped from an airplane flying at 250 feet. Have you ever done anything extraordinary that no one else you know has done? Or, do you have any kind of weird/unique talent that your friends can't do?


Well yes!! The normal size of a hay wagon is 12 foot wide by 18 foot long. When I lived in Texas I owned a 17 hand Quarter horse with Thoroughbred bloodlines. I was taking riding lessons with a group of young people on Randolph Air Force Base. I was 21 they ranged in age from 12 to 14 or 15. One day we assembled riding our horses, on the shooting range, for a cross country lesson. There was a hay wagon sitting out there, in the middle of the field. The children dared me to jump over the hay wagon.

Did I act like a responsible adult and say no way, to dangerous? Nope! I took the dare and jumped the hay wagon. Good thing I had witnesses. In order for a jump to succeed, you should leave the ground about the height of the jump, before the obstacle. Angels must have been guiding Tweet Hornet's hooves that day. The teacher arrived as I just landed. The kids were jumping up and down laughing and pointing. The teacher was not impressed.

As for Babe Ruth's catch, what would be, the velocity of a ball dropped, from that height? The science on The Big Bang Theory is suppose to be accurate. Sheldon once explained how, when superman caught Lois Lane; when she was dropped from an extreme height; he still could not have saved her; because of the velocity involved in the fall; and the sudden stop when he caught her?

O.K. I have to go read other blogs now. Toodle oooo!

Merit Badge in Courage
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on an honorable mention in WDC Scavenger Hunt 2011! Attached is your GP prize. Thank you for your participation. *^*Smile*^*

Wishing you all the best in future endeavors!












apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888166-A-Fun-Talent