*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888592-Circle-of-FriendsThe-County-Fair-and-Crochet
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#888592 added July 27, 2016 at 7:25pm
Restrictions: None
Circle of Friends,The County Fair, and Crochet.
Wednesday July 27, 2016
Circle of Friends,The County Fair, and Crochet.

BCOF Insignia

DAY 1351: July 27, 2016 Prompt: I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. Jimmy Dean

I'm Sailing on the Wind

The air is hot and muggy, and I long for a cool breeze. Sighing, I close my eyes and try to imagine a current of air swirling gently around me. The wind is almost non existent and it's coming from the south. Throwing off the blankets, I sit up on the side of the bed and glare at the fan. I can't change the direction of the wind, but, I can move the fan closer to the bed and turn the setting up to three! Finally, I feel cooler and soon I'm sailing on the wind to dreamland.

Today, I joined The Blogging Circle of Friends.



The County Fair is coming up in early September. It's an exciting time of the year in this small town. Everyone is working on their fair entries and dreaming of the ribbons they hope to win. Our small scrapbooking group have put away our pictures, and Monday nights find us sitting around my kitchen table frantically knitting, crocheting, and cross stitching hoping to complete our entries on time. (We also talk to ourselves and curse now and then). *Rolling*

Crochet I'm working on four projects to enter in the fair. My fingers don't fly as fast as they used to, though. People who crochet are a bit odd. We have huge stacks of yarn, every hook size imaginable, and still want to make a quick trip to Michaels for “just one more ball of yarn.” We speak a different language than other people. We have to Frog it, meaning rip out rows. This came about because frogs say, “Rip it, rip it, rip it.” We're very proud to say, “HOTH” (Hot off the Hook). It's like a different culture. *Shock2*

The Comedy Newsletter
Have you read the latest issue of the Comedy Newsletter? The Viral Workout by Robert Walz
I can identify with the subject! It's a hilarious look at a summer cold that just won't go away. I got a good laugh out of it because I have a summer cold that has hung on for over a month.


Book Recommendation *Reading*
Come Home by Lisa Scottolini. I borrowed my copy from the library, but I believe it's still available from Amazon.
Brief summery:
Jill Farrow is a suburban mom who has finally gotten her and her daughter's lives back on track after a divorce. She loves being a pediatrician and is about to remarry, while her daughter, Megan, is a happily over-scheduled thirteen-year-old. But Jill's life is turned upside down when her ex-stepdaughter, Abby, shows up and delivers shocking news: Jill's ex-husband is dead. Abby insists that he was murdered-and pleads with Jill to help find his killer. Jill reluctantly agrees to make a few inquiries, and soon discovers that the story doesn't add up...As she digs deeper, her actions threaten to rip apart her new family, destroy their hard-earned happiness, and even endanger her own life. Yet how can Jill turn her back on a child she loves and once called her own? What are the limits of love, loss, and family?

Getting to Know Me
I hate hot muggy days and nights.
I swallow 17 tablets and capsules a day to control RA and Type Two Diabetes.
I love the comedy Genre.

That's it for today.

River *Heart*






© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888592-Circle-of-FriendsThe-County-Fair-and-Crochet