*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888595-Mother-Chinook
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#888595 added July 27, 2016 at 7:54pm
Restrictions: None
Mother Chinook
Prompt : War Chest Wednesday! If you were the wind, what type of wind would you be?
         Haha! This is a question I bet isn't included in an online dating portfolio. Imagine describing yourself to a prospective partner as some type of wind. Some men seem to harbour an impression that all females are wind bags, or air bags, or air heads . Yes, I admit that some of us women like to talk, and we take offence when it's referred to as incessant babbling . I like the descriptor 'whirling dervish', and I intended for it to denote unpredictability, you know, power mixed with mysteriousness . Huh, to my dismay , the official explanation of whirling dervish is: an annoying, irritating person prone to incessant babbling ,and spastic fidgeting. What, this wind doesn't sound appealing, or attractive. Not that I actually intended to post a singles' ad, I'm happily married.
         Of course, I'd like to be an awesome wind, an impressive wind; unforgettable. This epitomizes a wind known as the Chinook in western Canada. During the winter, and after an intense cold spell, the Chinook blows warm downslope from the Rocky Mountains. It is nicknamed The Snow Eater because temperatures can rise 20 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit in a matter of minutes. Oh, the power to instantly zap and liquify snow would be unbeatable . Imagine not having to shovel or relocate the white stuff. I could simply puff it away.
         When my headstrong and accident-prone son was younger, it would have been handy to be a headwind. I could have blown in the opposite direction to which he was heading, and maybe have deterred him from some of his mishaps." No, no, Mommy says that's not a good idea. So you won't listen to me? I'll just blow so hard, and make your travelling so difficult , you'll be forced to return home."
          Come to think of it, I could have used wind powers as a mother many times. As a gust or a gale, I could improve my kids' reluctant reaction times with an undeniable nudge in the right direction." Here's a sudden strong wind to push you along, get moving . What's that? I can't hear your grumbling. Has the wind taken the words right out of your mouth?"

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888595-Mother-Chinook