*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888712-The-Prompt-The-Blog-and-Time
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#888712 added July 29, 2016 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
The Prompt, The Blog, and Time
BCOF Insignia
DAY 1353 July 29, 2016

Prompt
I was reading a writing prompt on Writing.Com when suddenly... I don't know where you're going to take us but I'm looking forward to the journey.



I was reading a writing prompt on Writing.Com when suddenly the lights went out. Oh not another power failure. The darkness was inky black, not even a glimmer from the full moon penetrated this total lack of light. I groped for the flashlight I always keep on my desk and clicked it on. Nothing, it was completely dead, even though I had changed the batteries yesterday.

Then I noticed how still the air was and the utter silence that surrounded me. Why wasn't the wall clock ticking? Where was Sir Trevor? I hadn't heard a sound from him since the lights went out. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I sensed that I wasn't alone. I couldn't I hear breathing or movement, but I knew there was someone or something in this room with me.

I stared unseeing into the darkness hoping my eyes would adjust. I waited and waited, then I saw the faintest glow, there was a face staring back at me. It was an evil face, with huge hollow eyes, and two rows of sharp, misshapen, pointed teeth. It grinned at me maliciously, and I knew it wasn't human. I screamed as it began to approach me slowly and silently. My heart beat wildly in my chest, my breath came in short , tortured gasps, and I slowly sank to the floor.


July 29, 2016
The Prompt,The Blog,and Time



The Blog
I'm enjoying blogging. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and I try to make it interesting for the readers and myself. It's still evolving because I only started blogging on July 20, 2016 so it's a new blog. So far, I have a non-existent small following with few likes or comments. *Rolling* I guess these things take time...

That's all I have time for today. Real life rears it's ugly head. I have so much to do, The To Do List grows and grows like a giant weed, choking out my creative soul.

Until next time,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888712-The-Prompt-The-Blog-and-Time