*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889283-The-LOVE-of-THEATER
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#889283 added August 5, 2016 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
The LOVE of THEATER
This lovely woman in a long flowing red dress dances up to you and tosses her arms out straight at you.... what happens next?(BCoFs)

As I am not a dancer, let alone doing the flamenco, I would stand up from front row, give the woman a courtesy nod and I would take my seat again. I would feel very embarrassed nevertheless.



The last time I got really, really embarrassed was in the audience at a theater play of Eric Schneider, a famous Dutch actor. He was doing this wonderful monologue, very difficult since there was a LOT of text involved and it was beautiful just listening to him and seeing him on stage. I was glued to my seat, and didn’t want to miss anything. He was actually brilliant. I think it was Shakespeare..King Lear! Anyway, suddenly I got this attack of some sort having to cough really loud, I mean really LOUD. Did I mention I was sitting front row with probably one meter (3,5 feet) between us? It wasn’t just the one cough, it was a coughing period of at least ten minutes, and I am not exaggerating. Ten whole minutes of me coughing looking him straight in the face while he stoic, not blinking an eye and keep on performing. I didn’t think of leaving my seat, I just wanted to look on to him, and wishing the cough would end. But it didn’t. I was sooo embarrassed. He was great though. I bet he is still talking about it with his friends…that one time when some stupid girl kept at her seat and coughed the whole third act.

I keep on fallin', In and out of love, With you, Sometimes I love ya, Sometimes you make me blue, Sometimes I feel good , At times I feel used, Lovin you darlin', Makes me so confused..... spin me a tale as in any direction you want. (BC)

This reminds me ofcorse of all those times I have been in love.


It has been a while since that happened though. I am single for the last, oops, ten years or so. Not dating, not meeting any man at all, and also not looking out for this to happen, so maybe there is a reason for ya. I am not so much paying attention to affairs of the heart as of late. Actually, I have been ignoring or neglecting my heart for some time now. I know it still can happen at my age, since my late father and his second wife fell in love when they were both seventy years old, complete with butterflies and all. So yeah, I am not giving up hope as of yet. I still have to clean up my eyes and my act first for it to happen. But sometimes, I can actually wish for it to happen, since it is a wonderful feeling to be IN love, it’s the falling OUT of it that sucks.

Day THIRTEEN "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889283-The-LOVE-of-THEATER