*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889480-Monday-Humor
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#889480 added August 8, 2016 at 1:22am
Restrictions: None
Monday Humor
I applied for an executive position at a major corporation. They called me in for an interview with the board of directors, and it went pretty well. The next day I got a call... it was the vice president on the line!

"Listen, sir", he told me, "you left me very impressed yesterday. But there's another candidate for the job. Very similar education and work background, impressive interview... it's practically a tie between you two".

"Really? So which one of us are you going to hire?" I asked.
"Well," the VP responded, "the Board of Directors has decided to have you both come in to answer a ten question test about our company. Whoever gets the higher score will get the job. Be here at 9am sharp tomorrow morning".

So the next morning I go to the VP's office. The other candidate is there - a very charismatic guy, and obviously really smart. So we get sat down at two desks, side by side, and are given the test.
A little while later, the VP calls me back into his office. "Listen... we've scored the tests. You both got nine out of ten, and both missed question #5. But we're going to have to go with the other guy."

"What?" I asked, shocked. "But we got the same question wrong!"
"Yes," the VP answered, "but it had more to do with your answers to #5.

The other candidate answered, 'I don't know', and you answered
'Neither do I'."

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889480-Monday-Humor