*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889561-Nightmares-and-Other-Weird-Stuff
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#889561 added August 9, 2016 at 2:27am
Restrictions: None
Nightmares and Other Weird Stuff
BCOF Insignia

DAY 1364 August 9, 2016
Let's discuss nightmares. Do you have them? What do you think is the reason you do? What's the scariest one you've ever had?


Oh my, I've had some bad nightmares over my lifetime. Some people tell me they are a gift, but I tend to think they are more of a curse. I've fought against this so-called gift my entire life because I don't want it. I hate it!

This is the one I consider the scariest because it is still vivid in my mind. The nightmare happened on a Thursday night in May of 1988. I dreamed I was talking with my mum then suddenly we were in a really cold dark place. It wasn't just dark there was a complete absence of light, not a glimmer. It was creepy.

Mum asked me, “What are we going to do now?” I replied, “I suppose we'll have to buy a coffin.” The next morning over coffee I told my neighbour across the hall about the dream. I couldn't get it out of my mind. I felt anxious all day I defrosted the fridge, did the washing, and tidied up my apartment. Convinced my mum was going to die, I packed a bag and went home for the weekend.

Friday night my stepfather couldn't sleep he kept getting up and coming out to the kitchen where Mum and I were chatting and having coffee. He would walk over to the window and look outside. He said he couldn't sleep because he felt nervous inside. Eventually, the house settled down and we all went to sleep.

Early Saturday morning my stepfather got on his tractor and headed off to the woods to cut firewood for the fall and winter. He never got there. About ten minutes after he left his tractor went off the road and landed in a field. Crushed under the tractor he died almost instantly.

I felt terrible because I had interpreted the dream wrong and have always wondered if there was something I could have done to prevent his death. If I would have thought about it more I would have realized Mum wouldn't have bought a coffin for herself and he was acting so strange Friday night.
That is why I call it a curse. What good is a gift if you don't know who is going to be affected?

Banging My Head Against a Wall. *Headbang*
Or Murphy is Back Again. (Murphy's Law)

Speaking of darkness, my outside light has burned out. It is so inky dark out there and kind of creepy. I live across from a cemetery and the only light I can see is the glow of solar-powered lights some people have put in front of gravestones. *Ghost* *Ghost* *Ghost*

As the weather is hot and humid I thought it might be nice to take a shower. That is how I discovered my hot water tank is dead. *Shock2* So now I must wait for the janitor to arrive with a new light and a new hot water tank. Go away Murphy!

Getting to Know Me
I'm rather weird. *Crazy*
I've suffered with precognition my entire life, clairvoyance relating to an event or state not yet experienced.
I've fought against it all my life!

That's it for today.
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889561-Nightmares-and-Other-Weird-Stuff