*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889700-The-winds-of-Tuscany
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#889700 added August 11, 2016 at 1:11am
Restrictions: None
The winds of Tuscany
ELEVENTH day of backpacking across Europe with "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

Full-day trip to the Cinque Terre from Florence with transport: Riomaggiore, dating back to 13th century. The tiny village of Manarola next, home to medieval relics and a plethora of grapevines. Monterosso. And a final stop in Vernazza, bordered by terraced olive groves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9JliTi_VE

I loved those colorful terraced houses on the hills, and I loved Tuscany. I think it is one of the most beautiful areas of Italy. I have once been to Florence and Sienna. Back then, a 10-day cultural trip fully packed with all the museums, churches and arts you could possibly squeeze into 10 days. I am glad this time I could also enjoy the beautiful scenery and Nature.



Prompt: What Olympic Event would you like to have a Gold Medal in?(BC)

I would say Swimming; since that’s the only sport I master myself. We in the Netherlands have this great Dutch girl (from Indonesian descent as I am) Ranomi Kromowidjojo. She made it to the semifinals. Unfortunately, I didn’t watch so far, but I hope to watch her in Women's 50m freestyle on Friday. I think it’s on for 6 pm. I just made a mental note about that, otherwise I will forget.



The door swung open but no one was visible.... and?????(BcoFs)

I was twelve years old when that happened. It was my bedroom door at the first floor of our house. There was no draft in my room or in the rest of the house (I checked) and at the time I was convinced it was the Holy Spirit. I was a believer at the time. Although it had to be the wind or something. Still to this day, I associate winds with the Holy Spirit although I am an agnostic for decades. I love the wind in the trees outside, I love walking with my dog on the beach, hide deep into my coat facing the winds. I think the wind is a mysterious being, despite the fact it is merely moving air and is caused by differences in air pressure within our atmosphere. Air under high pressure moves toward areas of low pressure. The greater the difference in pressure, the faster the air flows. Yeah..I know all that, but still, I love a little mystery.



Day NINETEEN "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889700-The-winds-of-Tuscany