*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889716-5-lands
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#889716 added August 11, 2016 at 9:06am
Restrictions: None
5 lands
August 11th

Quick grab your breakfast we're off for a full day adventure! Grab your swimsuits and good walking shoes.

Explore the Italian Riviera on this day trip to the beautiful Cinque Terre from Florence, with transport between each small town provided. Led by a local guide, discover each fishing village by coach, train and boat, from the beaches of Monterosso to the charming streets of Riomaggiore. Stop for a swim in the turquoise waters and upgrade to include a traditional Italian lunch. Soak up all the character of this UNESCO-listed region before heading back to Florence. Highlights Full-day trip to the Cinque Terre from Florence with transport Discover the UNESCO-listed Cinque Terre with your tour leader Travel between destinations by coach, train and boat Soak up the scenic views and distinct character of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Monterosso and Vernazza Enjoy a traditional lunch in quaint Monterosso, if option selected Stop off for a swim in the turquoise waters at one of the area’s beaches

Read more about Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport from Florence - Florence | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Florence/Cinque-Terre-Day-Trip-with-Transport-from-...

Dinner is up to you guys, if your hungry after all we've done today. I recommend the Panini Toscani or if you just want a lighter fare the Montecristo has the typical bar fare of meats and cheese platters.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187895-Florence_Tuscany.html

We have to be on the train at 8 am, a two hour ride to Venice


Owl with signature


https://.http://www.cinqueterreonline.com/villages.htm”The suggestive kind of coast falling sheer to the sea, with cliffs which are often vertical, alternated with small creeks and enchanting beaches among rocks, with depths rich in fish, make this territory a real Natural "work of art".Quote of the day; is found within the article on the link above. The article explains why Cinque Terra is important to the natural world.

We took Anglo”s Boat Tour. It was a wonderful ride. The captain entertained us with stories of the area along the way. The salt waters are blue green into the depths. The boat was shaded even though the heat was intense. We stopped in coves as we progressed along the shore line so people could jump into the waters for a cool down. Jellyfish, Carla, Blue Moon, Prosperous Snow, Sandra Lyn, Wakeupandlive~into summer, Finn O´Flaherty, Sally, SBMusing Minx, all were lined up along the deck so I could take pictures. I shot some special pictures of people jumping into the water and the cosy coves along the way.

Vernazza was a Roman Village so naturally it has a wonderful pier and boating inlet. Not just a scenic pier but very functional during the year. Many of the villages sported rising steps as we toured the streets and shops. We hiked up and down all day. Even my small day pack became a load to carry. Did you know there are lots of tour guides named Mario, even waiters may call themselves Mario. It is either a very popular name or an ethnic idea like how the Amish in our area all have the same name.

Cinque Terra means five lands. The 5 were protected by the natural lay of the land and therefore a sanctuary from the rest of the world. I don’t think I would like to live in such tall closed in buildings. The villages are caught in valleys, between small mountainous terrain. I wonder if the sea has ever overflowed any of the villages. The houses seem to climb like steps upward against the mountain.

I’ve always loved Italian food. When my children were young we made our own egg noodles for meals like lasagna, and spaghetti. Home made breads were also fun to fix as a family. Two of my sons were excelling cooks. At the end of the day I took Lyn 30-day crazy tour guides advice and visited the Panini Toscani. Touring Europe is an exercise regime. Off to Venice next. I hope that means lots of riding in boats.

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for participating in the August 2015 30-Day Blogging Challenge annual Summer Camp! Hope you had a good time! Hostel Blogging

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889716-5-lands