*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890128-Prague-Czech-Republic
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#890128 added August 16, 2016 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
Prague, Czech Republic
Howdy again!

Well, today we're "in" Czech Republic (or the Czech Republic as I call it lol). Their flag is red, white, and blue. Lovely color choice, if I do say so myself. lol Anyway, I'm really glad I originally (accidentally) picked writing my part in red. Who knew there were so many countries with red as part of their flag. Not I. Anyway, I'll write my part in blue and have the prompt in red. (The white will simply be the background. Hahaha!)

Day 16--Prague, Czech Republic
4 hour train trip to Prague... breakfast on train


Well, another fairly long train ride. I'm not sure I'm digging all these trains. But then again, if we drove, it would take a LOT longer, so I guess their okay. lol The breakfast on the train was, as expected, "train priced." Hahaha But I will admit, I was impressed with the selection. It was like a mini restaurant, so that was nice. And the food wasn't bad considering it was "fast" food. (Get it--we're on a train, so the food is going fast...never mind...) ANYWAY, I had a long, leisurely breakfast with 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 and Elycia Lee ☮. It was nice to be able to just enjoy each other's company without having to worry about being somewhere or missing something a guide says. But I'm REALLY excited about Prague. I've been wanting to go there for years. It's just so cool looking and has some awesome history! I'm excited! *Bigsmile*

We're staying in a hostel in the downtown area which you will have the opportunity to explore on your own or do the 3.5 hour tour.
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Hostel-DownTown/Prague/21097

Get the most from one day in Prague with this 3.5-hour coach and walking tour of the Czech capital. With an experienced guide to explain the sights, ride a comfortable coach past landmarks such as Wenceslas Square, the State Opera and more. Stop at Prague Castle and stroll around its highlights such as St Vitus Cathedral and Golden Lane; and walk to the Old Town to admire the Old Town Square with its Town Hall and Astronomical Clock. Ideal for first-time visitors or anyone short on time in the city. Highlights 3.5-hour sightseeing tour of Prague See top Prague attractions including the State Opera, National Museum, Charles Bridge and more Walk around Prague Castle's courtyards and explore the Old Town Choice of morning and afternoon tours Commentary in English and German

Read more about Prague in One Day Sightseeing Tour - Prague | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Prague/Prague-in-One-Day-Sightseeing-Tour/d462-2190...


My favorite thing on our 3.5 hour tour was the Astronomical Clock with the apostles that go around with the time, sort of like a coo-coo clock. That was pretty rockin'. I wish we had something like that in MY town. *Smile*

Dine in style and admire the floodlit beauty of Prague on this 3-hour luxury cruise along the Vltava River. Step aboard a beautiful, small boat and glide by Prague’s landmarks as you savor a gourmet 3-course dinner accompanied by a half-bottle of wine and lilting, live piano music. Ogle floodlit Prague Castle, cruise under the Charles Bridge, and absorb magical views of the city’s illuminated skyline. Enjoy the intimate atmosphere of the small boat, and if you wish, upgrade to dine in the bow area for the best, panoramic views. Highlights 3-hour luxury dinner and sightseeing intimate cruise on the Vltava River Savor a 3-course dinner and enjoy live piano music as you sail. Experience magical views over Prague’s top attractions, all beautifully floodlit by night. Glide past Prague Castle, the statue-lined Charles Bridge and other major landmarks. Enjoy a complimentary aperitif and a half-bottle of wine with your meal. Choose from an excellent drinks selection at the on-board bar (own expense) Upgrade to dine in the boat’s bow area with panoramic views.

Read more about Prague Luxury Dinner Cruise on Vltava River - Prague | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Prague/Prague-Luxury-Dinner-Cruise-on-Vltava-River/...

I've upgraded us for this evening's adventure. What part of today's adventure interested you the most?


I thought I'd be more worn out from the day, but I guess the train ride and the cruise gave me enough rest. I REALLY loved that dinner cruise. I think that was my favorite thing. (Well, except the wine, but I had no trouble getting rid of my portion. lol) Oh, interesting to note, one of their desert choices was cheese. Huh? Well, another choice was chocolate mousse, so I'll cut them a break. I have nothing against cheese, I just don't think of it as dessert. Then again, maybe I should. lol

Getting to see a city as majestic as Prague all lit up with spotlights is truly an awesome event to be remembered. Spotlights have a very different effect from neon lights and it suits this city perfectly! Tonight should be a fine ending to a wonderful day! I'm rooming with Jellyfish, Kit, Sally, and SB Musing. We all get along great and no one snores, so I'm sure this rooming situation will be just peachy for us all. *Smile*



Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.
- Gene Fowler

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890128-Prague-Czech-Republic