*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890232-An-Awakening-of-Awareness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#890232 added August 18, 2016 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
An Awakening of Awareness
I'm experimenting with using foam, sandwiched between the formers which are stiffened and held straight by dowels.

This process is leading to a light, straight design. As the adage goes, "Build light flies right.... build straight flies great."

In my writing class I use a Favorite Author Chapter Template. The idea is to show aspiring writers the importance of using a full range of the techniques a writer has at their disposal. If most of what a writer uses is "Dialog" or some other component of the craft the work will be what I call "One Dimensional."

The same is true for model airplanes. If all a builder uses is fiberglass, foam, balsa or some other material will only optimize the the technique being used, or maybe a better term is sub-optimalize. Every technique has its advantages and disadvantages and by using a range of components the good can be used to neutralize the bad resulting in a better final product.

For some reason however, the human mind likes to choose one component it likes best and tends to spurn or neglect the others. I use the Ford/Chevy example of many car owners. One is golden and the other is crap! The gold lies in the diversity of using the power and diversity of many forms , optimizing the the advantages, qualities and special characteristics each has to offer.

I know I sound like a broken record urinating into the wind but the obvious is so pervasive it tends to be overlooked to the detriment of the things we do. For all the genius of the human mind it can be dumb as a box of rocks. Its like a computer that has never awakened to awareness.

© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890232-An-Awakening-of-Awareness