*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890553-Enchantment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#890553 added August 22, 2016 at 9:34am
Restrictions: None
Enchantment
When I checked my Summary Statistics yesterday I saw another hit on Enchantment. It used to be Pageant got all the hits but these days my erotica readers like Enchantment. Pageant was Seven Shades of Grey before the bondage thing was popular.

I came to Writing.com because there was a group of writers who were practicing Sensual Prose (SP) writing. Of all the genres I have ever attempted SP is the most difficult. Actually the best way to go about it is not with prose at all but rather experimental forms of poetry. Describing the sexual experience is as much an etherial undertaking as it is a physical union. The physical part can be treated clinically but the etherial part is a journey into parts of the human psyche that are better left to the poet.

When I wrote Enchantment I wanted to have the setting be in a dark room. This precluded all visual imagery and required imagery that appealed to the senses and imagination. To achieve the effect I used exchanges of dialog traded between the partners in short exchanges to capture the single most pervasive thought image that flashed into the lover's minds as the process of sexual intercourse was unfolding. I tried to capture as many different examples of thought imagery as my imagination could come up with.

I was constrained by the use of certain words which carried a particularly crude and vulgar connotation however, used some when the context softened the meaning or called for an effect that needed to be achieved. The word choice depended on mood and the essence if what I was trying to show was the effects that subtle secretions of hormones exert on the mind as the participants move through the process from beginning to end. Enchantment was the mood where the lovers are in an almost dream induced state of mind, that comes prior to ejaculation or organism. As the effect of the hormones wears off, usually more abruptly in the male than the female the couples view of reality changes from a more spiritual one to one grounded in the physical reality of daily life.

© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890553-Enchantment