*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890360-August-19-2016-BerlinDresden
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#890360 added August 19, 2016 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
August 19, 2016 Berlin/Dresden
Howdy Once Again!

Again, we're in Germany and the flag colors are black, red, and yellow. I'll be writing my part in red and the prompt will be in black.

August 19th Berlin/Dresden

We'll meet up at 8 am for our adventure in Dresden

Absorb the wealth of culture and elegant architecture found in Dresden, longstanding hub of German arts, during this 10-hour day trip from Berlin. Begin with a guided tour of the city center on foot, learning about its history as you explore the Zwinger palace, Semperoper (Semper Opera) and Frauenkirche (Church of our Lady). Then spend the afternoon independently, wandering through the city’s lush parks, baroque architecture or lovely riverbanks along the Elbe, offering skyline views. This Berlin to Dresden visit also includes transport by air-conditioned coach. Highlights: Full-day trip to Dresden from Berlin. Take a guided walking tour of Dresden and learn about the city’s fascinating history. See top Dresden attractions, such as the Semperoper, the Frauenkirche and the Zwinger. Stroll along the river Elbe and enjoy beautiful views of the city. Enjoy free time to explore the city at your leisure. Transport by comfortable, modern, air-conditioned minivan.

Read more about Dresden Day Trip from Berlin - Berlin | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Berlin/Dresden-Day-Trip-from-Berlin/d488-5560DRESDE...

I gotta say, I was NOT looking forward to this trip. I'm exhausted and with all this travel, it's really hard to rest up. I'm never letting Lyn's a sly fox schedule another vacation for me. I'll be glad to get back to the U.S. On the flip side, she's choosing the MOST AWESOME THINGS! I don't want to just spend a day in my room sleeping and resting because I'll miss something really super cool! Darn that Lyn! lol

Dresden was beyond what I expected! The architecture is AMAZING! And I don't really get that into architecture, so if I'm impressed, it's GOT to be amazing! And it's got 40 museums! I wasn't sure if SB Musing was going to be in heaven or hell with that! lol Either way, the city was amazing! After lunch I wandered around alone. I love my travel group, but I just needed some alone time. I do NOT recommend wandering in foreign countries by yourself, but I was assured that Dresden is safe enough. Of course, I didn't say WHY I was asking how safe Dresden was. lol But I was planning to stay in the main part of town where all the touristy staff is anyway, so I'm sure the most common problem is being cheated by high prices. lol


Dinner is at 7:30pm

Spend a night out at one of the most famous sites in Berlin with “An Evening at Charlottenburg Palace,” a dinner and concert experience with the Berlin Residence Orchestra, plus a tour of the palace. Enjoy a 3-course candlelight dinner in the Palace Orangery. Then take in the classical sounds of the Berlin Residence Orchestra, performing selections from Bach, Handel, Mozart and more. Choose from four ticket categories. At intermission, VIP seat holders receive a glass of champagne. This event regularly sells out weeks in advance, so book early. Highlights: Berlin Residence Orchestra concert at Charlottenburg Palace. Panoramic view of Berlin's main highlights as Bellevue Palace, the Government, District and the Reichstag. 3-course dinner before the concert at Charlottenburg Palace Orangery. Enjoy a self-guided tour of the palace, the largest in Berlin. Listen to renowned Berlin musicians playing Bach, Mozart and more.

Read more about 'An Evening at Charlottenburg Palace' Palace Tour, Dinner and Concert by the Berlin Residence Orchestra - Berlin | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Berlin/An-Evening-at-Charlottenburg-Palace-Palace-T...

I wasn't sure how this dinner and concert was going to go since my brain injury causes music to become overwhelming a lot of the time now since Iraq. I brought my ear plugs to help. Dinner was delicious and I got to sit with PandaPaws Licensed VetTech, Brother Nature, and ElaineElaine, so of course, I enjoyed the dinner conversation. When it came time for the music, I was pleasantly surprised to see the people all dressed as they would back in the days of Bach or Mozart. It was cool. I also found the ear plugs helped my brain to be able to tolerate the music, so all in all, it was a very lovely evening. *Smile*

In fact, it kind of brought back memories of similar concerts from when I was a child. My parents believed in making us well-rounded kids and took us to a wide variety of things from a play about Snoopy to a string quartet. We saw (and heard) a lot more than most kids our age, especially for our income level (middle class). Anyway, it was nice to remember the good old days before most of the rest of my family was dead and I had a minor traumatic brain injury...back during a happier time. *Smile*


© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890360-August-19-2016-BerlinDresden