*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890391-Stalling
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#890391 added August 20, 2016 at 10:12am
Restrictions: None
Stalling
I have no inspiration this week it seems. I still have a romantic entry to write for I Write Romantic, but I'm stalling. It's due tomorrow! Though I do have a tendency to write better when the pressure of deadlines are looming over my head. *Laugh* No idea why that is.

With wedding plans moving forward things are crazy busy. And of course just as we were booking our flight for the wedding, the travel agent calls and says the price has been raised. I swear to God this happens to us every single time we fly. The dates we pick is always one after high season, so they move us up a day which is a total inconvenience. It's totally ridiculous.

My mom heard that booking a flight on August 23rd is the best time to book because it's the cheapest fair day of the year. Now we are about to find out. I'll keep checking rates online until then, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $1700 a ticket and having multiple stops to boot.

My soon-to-be daughter-in-law picked her wedding gown, and it's beautiful. I do like that they rent dresses there, not purchase like we do here. It's something you only ever wear once. And I understand the nostalgia of having something to hand down in the family, but most people really see that dress as used and do not want it anyway. They all must have new to them. So renting is an ideal option and a huge money saver in my opinion.

It really would've saved me from seeing my own dress destroyed when I gave it to my niece for her wedding and she changed it so much I didn't even recognize it any more. *Cry* Yes I wanted to cry, and later that day I did cry. I couldn't help myself, but I sucked it up, and lied and told her what she wanted to hear. I think R was the only one who saw through that fake smile.

I'm going through Bride 2 Be again. Dang perfectionist in me. It's probably why I can't write at the moment, things are rumbling around in my head for my book instead. Must learn to quiet that muse for a few hours so I can get my entry written. Hopefully that will happen at some point today or tomorrow. One can hope, right?

© Copyright 2016 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890391-Stalling