*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890436-Hamburg-Hijinks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#890436 added August 20, 2016 at 9:55pm
Restrictions: None
Hamburg Hijinks?
PROMPT: Hamburg, Germany...          
Well, this morning saw its excitement. Lyn's a Witchy Woman was temporarily , well, elusive. Our fearless leader seemed to be MIA. Pillow fortresses were searched. Hand-wringing commenced. Hotel staff wanted to call in the Polizei. Just in time to hop on the train, Lyn appeared, slightly rumpled and breathless. She'd lost track of time during a call home to her ill kitty, Purryl.
          The two hour travel time was spent trading pet stories. Everyone seems to have one they pull out of their pockets. Imagine backpacking with those family members?
          Haha! really? The Hamburg hostel sported the moniker Pyjama Park After a wee bit of research, I discovered that it boasted a superb rating, and billed itself as being an "urban wilderness", where "every monkey will surely find bliss." Great, a hangout for the pillow-fight club crowd. Now they will be free to swing from the rafters, and hoot with abandon. I looked, but my room didn't have any vines, or wild animals waiting to pounce. For now the pillow is resting on the bed.
          Woohoo, another double-decker bus tour. I like the hop on, hop off idea. I have no pre-set expectations or plans, I'll let whimsy guide me today. My first bus 'departure' occurred at Miniatur Wunderland. I liked the idea of being a giant lurking around mini cityscapes. Call me Goliath. The mini carnival complete with a mini ferris wheel and a teeny ttiny crowd of people was well-crafted and detailed. Among so many displays, I oohed and aahed over a replica rollercoaster. Miniscule motorways with vehicles and tunnels, wee wharves and boats, it was all so cute.
          My next bit od wandering took me to the Hamburger Dom, a huge street/strasse carnival. It was an electric avenue all right. It was bustling and noisy. Lights flashed, bells rang, people screeched and shouted. Rides squealed, spun, swerved, clanked, and clattered. Succulent smells wafted through the air. I sampled bratwurst and bier.
          I'm not denouncing museums, but today I craved a different kind of fun. When I heard about a chocolate tour, I was in. Entering the Chocoversum bt Hachez, my lips began watering. Imagine a tour devoted to all things chocolate. Throughout this sweet-tooth stroll, I was educated about the entire chocolate-making process. From a cocao bean to the finished product, I never denied myself a little taste. My final reward was a chocolate bar I made myself...sweet! Is this how Willy Wonka felt?
          I had anticipated the sailboat cruise all day, but now I was a wee bit worried that my impassioned indulging would cause the vessel to sink. With some huffing and puffing I waddled aboard. Huh, I wasn't the only 'gross' thing, the sailboat was named the Grosse Freilait; you and me pal... big. If this boat could float then so could I.
          Kit expressed concern that she was not a swimmer, and she hoped she was not pushed overboard.. I had visions of her being lashed to the mast, her hair whipping in the breeze. SB Musing tried to lick some residual chocolate from my cheek. We were quite the sight in our tightly -cinched life jackets; yellow and orange sausage rolls with our arms dangling far from our bodies. We spouted nautical terms like aft, leeward, and starboard. I was grateful for the extra padding as we skittered along the water of Aussenalster. My sea legs were more like jelly fish legs. I may have whooped and hollered, sorry Fivesixer . I forgot your ear was so close to my mouth.
         Th sailing sights were stunning, and the fresh air was invigorating. Sunsets are always spectacular.
          Surprisingly, I was famished after my water excursion. My abendessen/dinner was nothing short of amazing at the Restaurant Hala. This place was a hidden gem, and I never expected to find rose petals on our table. Because of the wonderful waiter's recommendation, I splurged on the creme brulee orange for dessert. Virtual calories are the best. They never shrink my clothing, or insist upon staying with me. I shared this delectable dessert with SB Musing and Kit .
         Sorry, but McDonald's no matter the country it's in is still McCrappy to me. Yeah, yeah, I know some of you like their McNuggets, so be it. I will admit that a hot mustard dip/sauce sounds appealing, but nothing else does. They do serve a great 'Free Smile' once in a while though. Oh, their commercials are catchy; I can still sing "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onion, on a seame seed bun."
          Okay, we all are suitably stuffed, let the games begin..... No Monopoly, or Twister, or even Clue. Hmmm, was it Colonel Hot Mustard Fivesixer in the drawing room/zimmer with a boat anchor?? This is a new experience for moi, an escape room game. Should I expect to be in a cell planning a prison break? Wait, wasn't Panda Paws held in an airport screening room? How did she escape? Will I need bribe money?
          Okay, okay Now I get it, this is a challenge situation.. I pay someone to lock me in a room for an hour, and I must solve riddles and search for clues in order to earn my escape. After some discussion and a vote, SB Musing Kit Fivesixer 💙 Carly weiseblaize and I head to The Twisted Rooms; yes, it sounds like our kind of venue... Feeling cocky and carefree we opt for the Asylum Room. Where else will we nutters go? Mission Improbable?? We spend a great deal of time giggling. I swear there was laughing gas in that room, piped in steadily. SB Musing had to be cautioned that although the staff was friendly they did not like to be frisked, and, no, the answers were not in their pockets! Who ever dreamt up this crazy concept is a genius! At no time were we forced to send up a flare, or issue an SOS. Believe it or not, we did escape that room before we were committed. This was great fun. Clueless in the City? Humming aaaaaaaaaand Hawing in Hamburg?
          We earned a self-congratulatory bier. Danke hamburg, gute nacht!

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890436-Hamburg-Hijinks