*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890564-Tulipa-Float-in-Amsterdam
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#890564 added August 22, 2016 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
Tulipa Float in Amsterdam
Lyn sent us to Amsterdam today: The Hotel is comfy.

Fairy playing a flute

The train ride is a part of the sight seeing. If I fall asleep I will miss something. Carly, sally, Blue Moon Princess Megan Rose, Neva, all of us sat close and told some of the stories we are learning as we travel. Like I found out in The Chezh Republic that Jabba the Hut was named for a Chezh toad and snake.

Amsterdam is a bike city. Everyone rides bikes to everywhere. The best place for wandering is the Jordaan or 9 street area. Where all the individually owned art galleries, courtyards with gardens, antique shops, restaurants, and bars are located. A series of scenic, narrow streets which are all connected.

The Rijksmuseum is an art and history museum. I like the connection, I think all art is representative in some way to history. I saw Rembrandt paintings there.

This is the city where Ann Frank's family hid from the Nazis. They say the best time to visit is really early in the morning because of the amount of visitors. Sometimes, it is difficult to get in.

The Van Gogh Museum is a site to contemplate.

Best of all I like the large square, another good place to wander and see presentations of art, open air markets and even a paddling pool you can cool off your feet here. In the winter they flood it to use as an ice skating rink.

You can buy a city card to use for canal cruises and hop on hop off tours. The canal was built to hold the sea at bay. At night the bridges crossing the canal are all aglow with lights.

Visiting the Bloomenmark floating Tulip Market was an adventure. Amsterdam and tulips is as necessary as ice cream and cones.

*TulipR* *TulipB* *TulipO*


Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for participating in the August 2015 30-Day Blogging Challenge annual Summer Camp! Hope you had a good time!

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890564-Tulipa-Float-in-Amsterdam