*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891137-Tuesday-Thoughts-on-Activism-and-Gene-Wilder
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#891137 added August 30, 2016 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday Thoughts on Activism and Gene Wilder
Tuesday, August 30, 2016


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 905
Can writing aspire to be a form of activism? Do you think authors and poets have a duty to address political, economic and social issues?

Yes, writing can be a form of activism especially in the world today. There was a time when only poets could be considered writing activist (personal opinion), but with the internet every person with a blog can practice some form of activism. Sometimes the only thing you have to write about is how people respond to the "changes and chances of outrageous fortune", but if that's all you have to write about then write about it. An activist doesn't have to propound big changes that topple the infrastructure of a country. You can emphasize small changes to the way an individual lives. It's the small changes that make or break civilizations which are the foundations of the big changes that either topple a regime or restructure a country's political system. We see the sudden change that indicates the downfall of a civilization, but we don't often see the small changes in individual opinion and belief that lead to the big change. In today's interconnected world we can get a glimpse of these small changes in belief and opinion through bloggers and other writers.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1385
“I started writing, just casually writing, the ironies in my life—the strange accidents that turned the corner of where my life was going to.” Gene Wilder Write about what you think of this quote or write a tribute to Gene Wilder.

I need to print off this quote and attach it to my computer because sometimes I forget that every life experience is a writer's fuel for anything he or she writes. There are some experiences in my life I'm a little leery about putting on paper, but those are the experiences that had the strongest affect on my personality and opinions. These are the experiences that prove I'm a survivor and the ones I need to write about. I suspect Gene Wilder realized that it is the negative experiences that have the greatest effect on us as individuals because those are the ones that we remember most clearly.


To Gene Wilder

It is his smile,
his knowing smile
that I will always remember.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891137-Tuesday-Thoughts-on-Activism-and-Gene-Wilder