*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891165-Two-Steps-Forward-One-Step-Back
Rated: E · Book · Pets · #2045000
One Harley, six dogs. Life with our crazy canines.
#891165 added August 30, 2016 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
Colby Jack had a tummy ache last night and this morning. He cried even with any gentle pressure on his abdomen. Nothing else was wrong: eating and eliminating all was normal, so after a conversation with the kennel manager at National Mill Dog Rescue, it was decided he is just having trouble adjusting to his new diet.

He has blamed his tummy pain squarely on us, more specifically on my husband.

How did Colby come to that conclusion? Who knows. It has broken the little bit of trust and bonding we had built up the first few days. That means we will have to go back to square one with him. That is disappointing, but there isn't a deal breaker. He's still our baby.

It is a common thing for puppy mill survivors to have terrible dental issues. First, they receive no vet care, and second, they usually are given water from rabbit water bottles. This doesn't allow the dog to get enough water in their mouths to rinse them out properly. Most mill dogs need teeth pulled and extensive cleaning at the very least.

When Colby got his dental done, they noted a possible lower jaw fracture. This fracture would have occurred prior to being rescued. Thursday he goes into to see a dog dental specialist about his jaw. He may need surgery.

His jaw fracture doesn't slow down this dog enjoying his meals, though...
 ~

© Copyright 2016 GeminiGem of House Lannister (UN: geminigem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GeminiGem of House Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891165-Two-Steps-Forward-One-Step-Back