*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891481-Camping-in-Belgium
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#891481 added September 4, 2016 at 3:35am
Restrictions: None
Camping in Belgium
The Sunday News! This week, Hurricane Hermine hit parts of Florida before beginning to make its way up the east coast of the US. What's the worst inclement weather situation you can recall being a part of?(30 day BC).

When I was eleven or twelve years old my parents took me and my brother and sister to Belgium for the summer holiday. We were camping in a tent put up by my uncle and his family. They left; we went, taking over their spot and gear. It was fun; we played cards a lot and played with the other children on the camping site.



One period of very heavy rain almost spoiled the vacation. I recall it raining so badly and the winds so strong we had to hold on to the poles and the canvas otherwise the tent, which was attached to a container on wheels which was the sleeping compartment of my parents, would flip over. The weather was really, really bad for a few hours. I remember us being excited though, with red faces in our bright yellow rain clothes in the pouring rain. For kids it’s always an adventure when something out of the ordinary happens. We had a very good holiday in Opklapbeek.

The camping site had a grass field where we would play soccer with the rest of the camping guests. One day somebody lost his contact lens while playing soccer. Believe it or not, we all went looking for it in the grass and we found that contact lens again. I don’t know how we managed that without trampling the grass and the lens in the process but we did. It was one of the better memories.

Day FORTY THREE "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891481-Camping-in-Belgium