*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891687-Day-One---Peace
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#891687 added November 17, 2016 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
Day One - Peace
Peace

         Today I reflect on peace... wrought by a loving God.

         There is such a thing as obsessive, striving "prayer." It causes one to toss and turn at night; sleep is stolen. We have come to believe that we cannot, must not rest as we search out exact methods (words) that will move God---a wretched attempt to force change.

         If we just say the right words, pray correctly, repent of that lurking sin we cannot quite put our finger on, then maybe God will hear us and move---those we are praying for will want to change, turn their lives over to God. The finances we so desperately need will come through.

         But no. Our prayers are in vain because we have moved from faith and have instead entered into a mind-boggling wrestling match with the Lord of Lords, the Creator of the universe. A match we cannot hope to win because we are operating outside of the realm of His grace and peace.

         Do we really think that our love surpasses the very God of Love? (See 1 John 4:7&8.)

         Can God be manipulated?

         If this is what we believe it takes to move God Almighty, we are most miserable among men.

         God reminds us in His Word to "cease striving," to "be still and know that He is God." (See Psalm 46:10.)

         The scriptures tell us that one sows, another reaps, but God gives the increase. (See 1 Corinthians 3:6.)

         Jesus is our Prince of Peace. He came into the world that we might have peace. (See John 14:27.)

         Let us fully comprehend how to pray and then let go and let the peace of God reign in our lives. Jesus, teach me to intercede for your people.

~~~~~


Scriptures for further reflection:

Jesus teaches us to pray. Read Luke 11:1-13.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers.… (Romans 8:27-29) Berean Study Bible

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.…" (Isaiah 55:8&9)

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.… (Isaiah 9:6&7)



© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891687-Day-One---Peace