*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891730
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#891730 added September 7, 2016 at 4:01pm
Restrictions: None
Cant' Go Home Again
Prompt: They say you can't go home again. Do you agree or disagree?

My father was in the Air Force and we Mom and I returned to Indiana to live with my grandparents when Dad made 3 trips to Viet Nam. Things didn't change and we called Indiana home. We lived in Arizona, Maryland, Tennessee and Arkansas.

We left Arkansas in my Junior Year and Dad went to Viet Nam and then the war was over. Dad and Mom went back to Arkansas and my grandparents and I came to visit. It was a different house and my best friend Debbie and her family had moved away. I got to see my friends Dorinda and Belinda. Belinda had a job in a Nursing Home and Dorinda had a boyfriend and was trying to get off drugs. This wasn't the Arkansas I knew. Living on the other side of the base was different. You probably ask why I didn't live with my parents in my senior year. I was going to be in Thespian Society, being in Pageants and I wanted to go to a local college in Indiana and was hoping for a scholarship. The high school in Jacksonville was a big school and I never got to be in activities the year I was there and in Indiana, I got to be in all kind of activities at the high school I was attending. I had more friends in Indiana. Go home again? Jacksonville, Indiana had changed for me. I didn't miss it.

I lived with my grandparents a lot and they are gone now. My cousin Sam got Grandma's house and remodeled it and it no longer looks like the same house. The memories haven't left, though.

My parents house in Indiana. My parents and only lived 5 years in the same house together that they built. Mine and my husband's first house burned down and we rebuild on the same land. We were home and once I was home again and in Arkansas, I wasn't. You can't go home again depends on the circumstances.

Prompt: 30 Day Bloggers Challenge. I am a seasonal member but I like the prompt. Prompt: What cartoon character would you like to be?

I want to be Elsa! I want my own ice castle, hang out with Sven, the reindeer and not have the cold bother me. I want to sing "Let It Go". I want to wear her blue dress and run a kingdom. I would be a nice Queen. Elsa is my favorite Disney Princess.

** Image ID #2095643 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891730