*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891806-Change-of-Fortune
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#891806 added September 10, 2016 at 4:35am
Restrictions: None
Change of Fortune.
I've always been aware everything is comparative and we should try to count our blessings. Sometimes this is relatively simple. Other times it's difficult to come up with many positives or hope. On a worldwide scale I'm one of the fortunate ones, but on a personal level I don't think I've danced with Lady Luck a great deal, particularly since the beginning of this century when life seems to have thrown more lemons than my fruit bowl could hold.

The first half of this year has been sheer hell. I intend to write it all one day as on a positive note it has given me some fodder for the novel I was never going to write. But as always it's one day at a time sweet Jesus.

The second half of this year is shaping up well I'm pleased to say. Recovery from the worst six months of my life, the weather, new friendships, the love of so many caring people and my discharge home have all been wonderful experiences. Sometimes we need to go to the bottom of the black hole to clamber out and see things with clear vision.

My first week at home has been amazing and I've had some wonderful experiences, both real and spiritual to inspire me. People have been amazingly supportive, helpful and caring and I have not felt lonely once. Some warn me not to overdo it and to take things easy, but presently I feel well, optimistic and am enjoying the continued good weather as well as new adventures and catching up with old hobbies and friends.

I am hesitant to believe my luck has changed, but I do believe I am being watched over and protected by spirit. Maybe it's now MY time even if it is rather late in life. I only hope and pray I will have enough time left to achieve some goals and help others as well as starting afresh. I guess sixteen lousy years out of 66 isn't so bad.

Everything seems to be going right at the moment. I'd better touch wood. I arrive at bus and train stations just in time, despite not planning my journeys. Everything I need to buy seems to be on offer or has a bonus attached. The right people turn up at the right time and everything I touch seems to go well. This is an alien experience for me.

On Monday the Estate Agents came to take photos of my house and it went on the market. On Tuesday I had a viewing and it seemed to go well. On Wednesday I received a phone call while I was out asking if the prospective buyers could have a second look round. They are lovely people and right on my wavelength. Today they have returned, looked around, had a few laughs with me then went away to think about it.

Later I received a call from the Estate Agents to advise me they have put in an offer. Not the full amount, but it's rare to get that these days and what's a few thousand pounds between friends? Besides, I have loads of stuff to sell, but that's another long story, so it should help boost my funds. Plus I will be downsizing and looking at cheaper properties so should make a comfortable profit. I'll never be a millionaire *Wink* but I hope to be able to live without worrying about funds, be able to treat my family and friends and leave something for my son and heir when the time comes. Hopefully not yet.

So I better hurry over to Newark and start house hunting or I could wind up on the streets in a cardboard box. Wish me luck. I reckon it's about time I had some.

Take it easy? NO WAY! *Bigsmile*





© Copyright 2016 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891806-Change-of-Fortune