*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891967-School-uniforms
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#891967 added September 11, 2016 at 5:36am
Restrictions: None
School uniforms
This week in the UK, police were called on approximately 50 students because they were wearing improper uniforms. Should students be required to wear uniforms in schools, for any reason? And should these uniforms require very specific standards, or should families be allowed a little leeway regarding lesser items like accessories, jewelry, and shoes? Have you ever had to wear a uniform to class? How would you feel if you had to purchase an expensive set of clothing for your child to wear, only to be told it wasn't enough, or that he or she was wearing something improperly?(30-Day BC)

I read the reasons why English kids wear uniforms in the first place are three fold. To remove the need for parents to spend out big money on the latest brand names and to avoid the embarrassment of students whose parents do not have the money to keep up with the latest in overpriced fashion. Secondly to preserve a working environment where students can concentrate. To encourage a sense of membership of and pride in an educational institution.

I think it is ridiculous the police was involved in this. This is purely a matter between school, parents and kids. In The Netherlands we never wear any uniforms and I am totally against it. Puberty is a period were kids experiment in developing their own identity, and wearing the clothes that fit that (changing) identity is part of growing up.

I think if it is part of the school system then students should allow varying in accessories, jewelry, and shoes. It is a strange relic from ancient times and not fit for this modern age of individual exploration. There is no need for a fashion police.



Day FIFTY "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891967-School-uniforms