*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892232-Changing-Times
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#892232 added September 14, 2016 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Changing Times
         If you live long enough, you see all the bright shiny new things of today become old, passe, and campy. The kids make fun of TV shows from the 80's that were all the rage of the time. (To tell the truth, I didn't own a TV during much of the 80's, so I didn't grow attached to many shows. I got into the reruns of a few later on.) The fashions, the hairstyles, the make-up were so cutting edge back then, so silly now.

         Remember mobile phones? The show-off sales people and company execs who had to talk on the car phone in traffic jams were so proud of their technology. They could always be reached because they were so important. The only autos with phones these days are service vehicles, so they can keep the office aware of their whereabouts or get cancellations. There were electronic organizers, followed by Blackberries.Who has them now? All replaced, and rather quickly, too.

         A lot of the younger adults don't even have land lines any more. I admit I prefer a land line at home. I'd rather have an old-fashioned answering machine than voice mail. I'm still not into texting. I really don't see the purpose of Instagram except for entertainment. I haven't gotten into Twitter, even though I do have an account and a few followers (they want to sell something).

         When it comes to TV, I like old movies and TV shows from the 50's. Alfred Hitchcock is still great. His shows are timeless. Sometimes the old stuff is the best stuff. I just learned how to edit photos on my i-phone. Someday that will be old hat, but it's pretty cool for now.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892232-Changing-Times