*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892451-Sunday-News-Political-Rhetoric---Monkeys-Throwing-Dung
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892451 added September 18, 2016 at 12:26pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday News: Political Rhetoric - Monkeys Throwing Dung
Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Basket of Deplorables

What is a basket of deplorablers?
Is it a laundry hamper filled
with your dirty underwear
after of bout of ptomaine poisoning.


The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
This week, Donald Trump once again alluded to the possibility of violence against Hillary Clinton   in reference to her stance on Gun Control Reform, while Clinton called a segment of Trump's supporters a "basket of deplorables"  . Is any of this rhetoric really necessary in an already heated election season? Why is the focus almost always more on the sound bites and mudslinging than the actual issues and policies that should be debated?

Monkeys Throwing Dung

As you can see, by the title of this entry, I'm fed up with the all the political shit slinging. I'm tired of hearing Trump threaten Clinton. I'm tired of Clinton accusing Trump's supporters of being what-ever-it-is she's accusing them of (I don't care if her accusations are 99% true). I'm just sick of the whole damn election and all the political rhetoric and bullshit. I'm 69 years old, so I can remember several earlier elections and compared to this one those were civilized. Every time I hear something about what one candidate says about the other or the other candidate's supporters, I get the vision of monkey's in a zoo throwing dung at the spectators.


My mother and grandmother gave me some good advice that both Clinton and Trump need to take. "If you can't say something good about another person don't say anything at all." I also read some similar advice from a very wise man. He said that if a person had 99 bad qualities and one good quality then focus on the good quality. I have to admit that I'm having a hard time finding anything good in either candidate and I'm trying damn hard. I just want this election to be over so I can vote against one of the candidates.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892451-Sunday-News-Political-Rhetoric---Monkeys-Throwing-Dung