*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892627-September-20th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#892627 added October 2, 2016 at 1:13am
Restrictions: None
September 20th
Prompt: Talk Tuesday! If you were looking into making a full scale career change, what are some things you'd consider? Would you go back to school? Would you just pick a field that interests you now that maybe didn't interest you as much in the past, and try to get in on the ground floor? And how well do you think you'd be able to do this time around, especially if you still had to work full time at your current position, and/or raise a family, and/or hold up social obligations?
         So, this is a hypothetical situation, a career do-over. In reality, I no longer have the responsibility of raising a family, or the distraction of a current job. Maybe that should be the other way around. In any case, I could at least entertain the idea of a totally different career. How often have I heard the sky is the limit? I set my own limiters years ago with the choices I adopted.
          Yes, I could see myself going back to school. I did that periodically, and the last time I obtained a new degree it was for something I'd never considered doing when I was young. I have always liked learning, and attempting new things. I am naturally curious. I believe the brain requires exercise in the form of stimulation. There is no such thing as being too old of a dog to learn new tricks. Life would be so dreary and grey if we always did the 'same old same old' every day.
          I've always been a doodler, and a fan of cartoons and animation. That would be my dream future career, an animator. The entire process: concepts, artwork, story line, computer graphics, animation, sound effects, and music would be so fascinating and rewarding. The idea of breathing life into a story appeals to me.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892627-September-20th