*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892661-War-Chest-Wednesday-October--Sick-and-Thank-You
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892661 added September 21, 2016 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: October, Sick and Thank You
Wednesday, September 21, 2016

"Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding."
Alice Walker

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 927
October, the extravagant sister, has ordered an immense amount of the most gorgeous forest tapestry for her grand reception. Oliver Wendell Holmes Autumn is beautiful. What are your thoughts on this?

*LeafO* October *Leaf2O*

October leaves
blowing in an autumn breeze
doesn't make me sneeze.

The War Chest Wednesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
A prompt submitted by a previous challenger...
When you’re unwell, do you allow others to take care of you, or do you prefer to soldier on alone? What does it take for you to ask for help?

It depends on whether I have a fever or some other reason to remain in bed. If I'm sick enough to remain in bed but not sick enough to drive myself to the hospital then I will just "soldier on". If I'm sick enough to be in the hospital then I let the nurses, doctors, nurses assistance, and physical therapy people do whatever it is the job descriptions say they're supposed to do. When I was a child Grandma or Mama would put me to bed and feed me Campbell chicken noodle soup. I still like this brand of chicken soup when I'm sick. If it was winter when I got sick then they would give me hot chicken soup, hot tea, and horehound candy. I still love horehound candy, but unfortunately I can't find it here in Las Vegas.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1407
September 21 is World Gratitude Day. Write something about gratitude. If you have a favorite quote about gratitude include that in your entry.

Thank You

I give thanks for the beauty of autumn,
for the memory of yellow cottonwood leaves
scattered across the front yard of my grandparent's home
when we jumped in them before Grandpa had a chance to burn them.


I give thanks for the memory
of the huge steel barrel in the alley
that Grandpa used to burn trash and leaves.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892661-War-Chest-Wednesday-October--Sick-and-Thank-You