*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892827-When-Pigs-Fly
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#892827 added September 23, 2016 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
When Pigs Fly??
Prompt: Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1962, the classic outer space cartoon The Jetsons premiered on ABC TV. It was the first program on the network in colour. Please answer for me the all-important question surrounding this legendary television show. Why over fifty years later, do we still not have flying cars thatwe can fold up into briefcases?
          Whew, this is indeed a question to ponder. I agree, a flying car would be awesome! Just imagine the positive potential: hovering above parked vehicles and barriers, avoiding gridlock, easier access to areas, perhaps quicker travelling time, no skidding on ice or snow. Yeah, maybe no delays caused by road construction, or maintenance. I like the idea of not needing snow ploughs, or snow removal.
         But seriously, what has prevented the introduction of flying cars? It could be the manufacturing monopoly of the car makers. Is there a profit potential for them? What are the manufacturing costs? What materials would be needed to make this feasible? Do fossil fuel suppliers want to see vehicles that might not rely upon their gas, diesel, and oil? Would or could a new fuel be created for flying cars? What are the design specifications? Would the purchase price be exorbitant?
         So, besides the lack of technology, and the inherent costs for flying cars, there are still many gas-powered cars on our roads. There is an entire world built around and for this transportation. Flying cars require their own support system.
         Perhaps the current briefcases are to blame. They have not evolved, no bells and whistles. Does Samsonite need to step up? I think Q, the gadget guy supplying James Bond, might be the genius needed for this.
         The smallest cars currently available are the Smart car, and the Mini.Alas, they do not fold. What we need is the shrink ray from the movie, 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids'. Simple, right? Just reduce the size of the car, and make it small enough to shove into a briefcase. Will there ever be an actual flying car? Hey, anything is possible. Flight via airplanes and spaceships was once considered impossible.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892827-When-Pigs-Fly