*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892950-Is-It-Time-To-Let-Go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#892950 added September 26, 2016 at 1:23am
Restrictions: None
Is It Time To Let Go?
         There aren't enough hours in the day, or days in a year, or years in a life. When we're young, we pick up hobbies or pastimes that we sort of leave behind. We think we're going to get back to them, and sometimes we do. If I did all the things I'd like to do, I would need to have a 30 hour day and triple my salary. Now I'm at the point where I have to let go of something. Or do I?

         I've been seeing an ad for letgo.com. In one, a guy won't give up something because he wants to make a man cave. But his wife wants the space for the kids. She takes a picture of it and posts it on letgo.com, and just like that, there's a buyer, and it's gone. Another has a man getting his wife to let go of the sewing machine, but she says she might take up sewing again. Boom, there's a buyer for the machine.

         Well, I used to sew. I have several machines. I had sewing goods, and I had my Mom's. My dad forgot about me, and that I lived there now; he gave hers away to charity without my knowledge until afterwards. So much money involved in that. But I still have my machine and my grandmother's. I just don't have time to sew. I'm good at it. I'd like to. But I don't have time to cut out patterns, set up the machine and leave it a day or two with a crazy old man in the house.

         Then there's crocheting. I'm really good at that. And embroidery. But I've made huge afghans for everyone I know. Doilies are too small for me to see. Fashions that are crocheted are outdated. And there is the time element. You can't read or write or cook or clean or go to work and crochet. And no one wants embroidery any more. I have too many things to fit the walls, so wall decor is out.

         If I had all the time in the world, no job, someone else to do laundry, sweep, etc., my first love would be to sit and type my thoughts out. They're so important you know. Which brings me to my latest writing project. After saying I would not to Nano this year, but would finish last year's to make it presentable, I had a new spark. I do like the October Prep exercises more than the actual November writing, so I might try after all. So much for fall baking or cleaning out the closets. I really will be working more hours in November, and with the holidays and family, I probably won't actually carry it all the way through this year.

         I would love to take Tai Chi. And I would like to try to get a temporary promotion at work, which would mean full time for two months, but my dad is getting too needy for me to be away from home that long. Money isn't every thing. And there is a lot of stress with it.

         Bottom line, I'm not inspired to let go of any of my sewing or crafts tools or goods. I'm not quitting or cutting back writing, or reading. I would gladly cut out cooking and cleaning if it were only for me. And although I don't bake like I used to, I don't want to let go of the rolling pin or the Bundt pans. It's all on the back of my mind, but it's not time to let go yet.






© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892950-Is-It-Time-To-Let-Go