*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893253-Fun-Fact-Friday-An-Interesting-Evening-and-Stunt-Doubles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#893253 added September 30, 2016 at 9:31pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: An Interesting Evening and Stunt Doubles
Friday, September 30, 2016

We had an interesting, or should I say, an exciting evening last night. The SWAT team raided apartment #7. About 9:30 PM I heard a shots and someone breaking through a door at the south end of the apartment building. This morning the front door of #7 was open wide open. Apparently the tenants in that apartment was running a "sell house". That was about all that happened last night. Today's been quiet around the complex. We now have three empty apartments in this complex with two of them ready for tenants.


The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1911, the first movie stuntman was hired as a stand-in for The Military Air-Scout  . Tell us about a time in your life when maybe you could've benefited from having a stunt double...bonus points if you make me laugh!

Despite the fact that I'm luck to be alive, I'm not sure a stunt double would have helped in any of the death defying situations I encountered. Each of the situations were the results of stupid on my part. Situation 1: I shut myself in an old refrigerator when I was somewhere between two and five years old. Situation 2: My cousins, siblings, and myself were playing in a chicken house that was wired for electricity. As I left the hen house, I was shocked by a live wire above the door. Situation 3: I touch the electrical component of a space heater in the an apartment. The space heater was off so I knew I wouldn't burn myself, I got a jolt of electricity. Needless to say I'm now overcautious when it comes to electricity.


I suppose I could use a stunt double when it comes to swimming and water. I've had a couple of interesting incidents with water. In one I was water-skiing, I fell off the skies, got my arm stuck in the rope and was pulled under water. Fortunately, I didn't panic, which meant I was able to get myself out of the situation. Another incident had to do with leeches. I went swimming in a swimming hole after a rain and three leeches got on the tops of my bare feet. My grandfather got them off by sticking a hot or lit match on their bodies. I did bleed but I didn't loose a lot of blood. An interesting fact about me is that my own blood doesn't bother me; it bothers other people when they see me bleeding, but I don't panic or get upset myself.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893253-Fun-Fact-Friday-An-Interesting-Evening-and-Stunt-Doubles