*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893519-Sarcasm-and-rules
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#893519 added October 3, 2016 at 6:22am
Restrictions: None
Sarcasm and rules
*Right*Prompt: October is Sarcastic Month or National Sarcastic Awareness Month. Have you ever written a sarcastic character? Do you know anyone who is sarcastic? Is sarcasm another form of humor?(BCoFs)

Sarcasm is the use of irony to mock or convey contempt. It is therefore another form of humor. I have never written a sarcastic character since I think irony, humor and such are very difficult to master, in real life as well as in writing. If not mastered well it becomes all too soon nasty and not nice. Some people use it to conceal insults in a ‘funny’ way, usually not funny at all. Then the mood changes quickly from agreeable to downright uneasy and contemptuous. I usually stay away from sarcasm. However, when mastered it can be very funny.



*Right*Prompt: “In so complex a thing as human nature, we must consider, it is hard to find rules without exception.” George Eliot. What do you think makes the human nature more interesting: its compliance with the rules or its deviations into exceptions?(BC)

I think that it is very astonishing that the human race usually tends to follow rules. If not it would be kind of a mess. And societies functions because people are compliant with the rules. Billions of people go to work every day, think about that, in itself that is astonishing. But the great things of the world are created because some individuals dare to do things different from the rules. Because they think outside the box they become audacious and new things see light. So I tend to say that both makes the human race interesting.



Day SEVENTY TWO "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893519-Sarcasm-and-rules