*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893869-Prepare-Celebration-Time-Trinkets
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#893869 added October 7, 2016 at 11:35am
Restrictions: None
Prepare! Celebration Time! Trinkets!
BCOF Insignia

Thank you Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover!

Day 1423 October 7,2016
Storm preparations are necessary, what do you do to.?


Prepare!

I have been watching the path of destruction Hurricane Matthew is leaving behind as he rips through populated areas. What can you do in that situation? I think the best plan would be to prepare to evacuate.
The forecast here for the weekend is rain, rain, rain, and strong winds at times. We are too far inland for the hurricane to affect us any more than that.

I'm always prepared with extra batteries,candles, bottled water, and I keep my tablet and cell phone charged at all times in case of a power outage.

I've only had to evacuate once during the Ice Storm of 1998. Most of Quebec lost power for almost a month, there was no way to heat the apartments, do laundry, shower, or cook. Luckily, there were shelters with emergency generators. I stayed in a shelter for the entire month.

Celebration Time!
*CountryCA* In Canada Thanksgiving is officially celebrated on Monday. However, on Sunday we will be having our annual Thanksgiving supper and celebrating my grandson's birthday! It seems like yesterday he was a cuddly little baby. He will be 24 yrs old on his birthday! *Shock2* It's amazing how fast time goes by.
We will be having the traditional turkey dinner with all the fixins and pie for dessert, plus birthday cake. Monday, a legal holiday, will be spent recovering and digesting. *Rolling*

This is what I purchased with the gift certificate to Leger's Shop. I had to add on 500 GPs to the certificate, but it was well worth it. I didn't expect it to be so huge!*Blush* *Shock2* *FacePalm* Should I be fortunate enough to be chosen Blogger of the week again, I'll just put the info under the star.
This is what I did with my Gift Certificate
Fall is my favourite season as I'm sure I've said many times since joining WdC. The leaves are magnificent this week and the geese are honking overhead as they head south. The beautiful birds that entertained me all summer have also gone south. Chickadees and Blue Jays have taken their place at the feeder.

My friend Peanut is visiting every night enjoying the apple I put out and teasing as many sunflower seeds as possible out of the bird feeder. I expected Peanut to turn up sporting tiny nubs of future antlers on his forehead but, much to my amazement, it turns out Peanut is a female deer.

Trinkets!
Have you been hit by the trinket bug? I have created one and collected 95. Although it's fun, trinket hunting is addictive and distracting. I have spent more time on the newsfeed tracking down trinkets than I have blogging or reviewing! So, I'm retiring from the trinket hunt and returning to some serious work around the site. Well, maybe just 5 more to make it an even 100. *Blush*


Keep Smiling,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893869-Prepare-Celebration-Time-Trinkets