*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893882-Sick-and-Tired
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#893882 added October 7, 2016 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
Sick and Tired
I've gotten rather sick and tired of being sick and tired. I think anyone would eventually. I can't sleep when I want to, I can't stay awake when I want to, and I feel exhausted whether I got 14 hours of sleep or four hours of sleep. Everything hurts, and I don't even fully know what's wrong with me.

I have all sorts of referrals and tests coming up, and I am mentally processing how to handle them. I have an appointment on Tuesday to follow up on my abdominal ultrasound. I frankly don't know what she was checking for with that one. I have an EEG later this month to see if I have epilepsy. I have an appointment with ortho in November to deal with my dystrophic calcification (which she initially thought was gout due to it being in my toe, and I was pretty worried I was turning into an old man). I have an appointment in December for an MRI, which relates back to the EEG. I have a very attractive neurologist who has ordered both the MRI and EEG to make sure I don't have anything going on in my head. My doctor has also ordered a sleep clinic referral, but I haven't even received the appointment for that one yet.

Currently I am on sick leave. It is both restful and exhausting. It's nice in some ways. I write far more than I normally have time for, I am getting through my netflix backlog of TV shows to binge (so far I have finished both Stranger Things and Jessica Jones, highly recommend both), and I get extra time with my boyfriend (which is amazing). I sleep a lot. I am tired of sleeping through things I want to be up for, and not being able to sleep at half four in the morning. I don't feel very productive in life, so I write more to feel that sense of purpose. It helps some. I miss having money. I am not a big spender when it comes to myself, but I spoil my loved ones because they deserve it. Not working means I can't spoil them, and being sick makes me feel like I am burdening them on top of that.

I have had health problems of various degrees for years, but this is different. I worry that I am dying, and I worry that I'm crazy. I don't know which one to hope for some days. I can hope for a chemical imbalance, or something along those lines. Something easy to fix.

I just want to be healthy again. For myself mostly, but for the people I love too.

© Copyright 2016 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893882-Sick-and-Tired