*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894110-October-and-Zazen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#894110 added October 10, 2016 at 6:31am
Restrictions: None
October and Zazen
** Image ID #2099018 Unavailable **

*Right*Prompt: Write about October.(BCoFs)

October is the month that it’s suddenly colder. We’ve had a beautiful Indian summer. Yesterday I was with family at the port of Hook of Holland, were you can see our industry and a beautiful skyline of Rotterdam, our main port. It was a wonderful sunny day at the beach, very agreeable. I think the last sunny day since the weather forecast is predicting colder weather. But I like October with its crackling dead leaves under the trees and its beautiful colors.

At WdC October is all about "Letters of Life, Love & Hope [18+] so I "Breast Cancer Awareness - Contest & More [ASR]. See this beautiful butterfly at the top of this entry. I have to go on my annual checkup tomorrow so I am a bit anxious. But it’s better knowing so I will go, reluctantly.

Furthermore, October is all about Halloween in several parts of the world. In my country we can buy the pumpkins and witches attached to this day, but the trick r treating is not fashionable here so I don’t really celebrate Halloween except on WdC.

I am going to enter "Invalid Item to get in the proper writing mood for Halloween. And I probably enter several opportunities for "SCREAMS!!! [GC] around the subject of Halloween and try to enter "'SCREAMS!!!' HALLOWEEN CONTEST! [GC].



*Right*Prompt: “It has taken me quite a few years to realize the fact that most of the thoughts in my head are not necessary.” ― Bert McCoy. My question is, how can anyone chase away those unnecessary thoughts? Do you have any ideas?(BC)

When I was in college I came across Zen meditation, where we practiced Zazen, sitting in Zen. A meditation form where you sit on a cushion, focus on a point ahead and focus on your breathing in and out, and counting. Every time you think something, you stop counting and start anew, still breathing in and out. It is an exercise to let all thoughts pass you by without going into the thoughts. So your mind is blank, you are one with your breathing. It is very difficult at first, but if you practice you notice you can shut out your thoughts in a way.



Day SEVENTY NINE "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894110-October-and-Zazen