*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894828-Positive-Thing-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#894828 added October 18, 2016 at 8:49pm
Restrictions: None
Positive Thing #2

Welcome to Talent Pond's Blog Harbor. The safe place for bloggers to connect.


POSITIVE THING #2



Even though I don't normally watch the show, I am a huge fan of Lip Sync Battle... or at least the ones that Jimmy Fallon does on The Tonight Show. The Spike TV spinoff show is just okay... I generally feel like the added production value and setup takes something away from what used to be smart, low-key form of entertainment. But every once in a while the Spike TV spinoff manages to use their broader, large-scale format to great effect. I blogged earlier this year during the Soundtrackers activity about Channing Tatum covering Beyonce and his wife turning the tables by making him the recipient of the Magic Mike "Pony" striptease ("Pony).

Today, I'm sharing Anthony Mackie performing "2 Legit 2 Quit" versus Joseph Gordon Levitt's "Rhythm Nation." Now, ordinarily, it'd be pretty hard to top Anthony Mackie performing an MC Hammer song (complete with the outfits and dance moves), but Joseph Gordon Levitt manages to surprise everyone with a pitch-perfect rendition of a Janet Jackson classic, complete with choreographed backup dancers. And the looks on the faces of hosts LL Cool J, Chrissy Teigen, and special guest Seth Rogen are absolutely priceless as they watch two remarkable entertainers bring us back to the glory of the 90s.

This clip makes me smile every single time I watch it:





For the record, Joseph Gordon Levitt also did a great Nicki Minaj and Elton John back when this contest got its start on The Tonight Show  

© Copyright 2016 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894828-Positive-Thing-2