*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895008-VASANAS-ARE-THE-WORLD
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#895008 added October 20, 2016 at 2:33pm
Restrictions: None
VASANAS ARE THE WORLD
VASANAS ARE THE WORLD. MEET THEM WITH LOVE

Friend: When you are doing The Work I often think of vasanas, this concept I was taught in India, which means habits of mind, or tendencies of mind, Annamalai Svvami, a disciple of Ramana Maharshi, said, "Vasanas arise, catch your attention and pull you outwards towards the world rather than inwards towards the Self."

Katie: Vasanas are the world. The world is a reflection of the vasanas. The world cannot exist without them. It's a reflection of them. And he's accurate in my experience also, because he could be realizing that people think there's a past, so the world already exists in their reality.
Friend: He suggests just ignoring all the vasanas that arise in the mind mind and to fix the attention on the Self.

Katie: The guy’s, you know in my experience, absolutely totally accurate. And for me, to be still 43 years ago and ignore the vasanas that arose in my mind, and to try w fix it on the Self—I had not heard of such a suggestion. It just wasn't available to me. So for me to be still and ignore the vasanas— it would be like "yeah, sure" and give me some cocaine instead. Give me something that makes sense to me.

To tell someone to be still from where I came from would be disrespectful.

It would be to ask the impossible. So, I enter the vasana with total respect. Rather than saying go beyond the vasana, let’s join the vasana. Let’s understand the vasana. It makes sense to me because only love heals in my experience. I can’t just leave it out there and go to the Self.
That is me I'm leaving out there. So I came in as a reversal. I call this the re-entry.
I'm in love with it. It would not think of not coming back to
give itself a kiss—indulging it, merging with it, sexing with it,
holding it, being it—all of it.

Why would I want to ignore it or meditate it away? Just meet it head-on. Let me meet it with understanding. Because after all these centuries, it is pretty obvious it's not going away. And I just rarely speak of prior to that, because it leaves you out and you are me.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895008-VASANAS-ARE-THE-WORLD