*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895090-The-quote-and-the-police-officer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#895090 added October 21, 2016 at 11:15pm
Restrictions: None
The quote and the police officer
** Image ID #2099018 Unavailable **

*Right*"If you only do what you know you can do, you'll never do very much." Tom Krause. Do you agree or disagree? (BC)

NO. I disagree on this one. Tell that to the baker who knows by heart how to make bread and works his butt off every day from 4 o’clock in the morning till late at night baking bread, just that. Or the laborer who sits on his knees all day putting those cobblestones into the pavement. These craftsmen may know a limited set of activities but they have to repeat it in order to do their jobs properly and be a success.

Of course, this quote is the quote for the highly educated, the artists, the writers, the poets, the painters. YES. They have to do more than they know, achieve more than they can, aim higher in order to create, to expand, to be productive. They have to go beyond their comfort zone to be successful.

So it highly depends on which person you have in mind. I think both ways of looking at this quote applies here.



*Right*You're a police officer. You turn down the volume on your radio for a few minutes. When you turn it back up, all you hear is screams from your fellow officers over the speakers.... it's your blog, have fun.(BCoFs)”

Jay turned up the speakers, but he couldn’t make sense of the shouting. It sounded very urgent like there was something big going on.

“7654, repeat, dispatch,” he kept telling his mic, but the shouting of different voices continued. He then turned his car and made way back to the police station using his blue light.

What the hell was going on? Was there any danger? A bomb threat, a hijacking at the station?

He parked the car on the curb, left the door wide open and hurried inside, his gun unclipped in his hand … only to find the smiling faces of his colleagues when they saw him. A huge “He is a jolly good fellow” burst out upon entering the room. After the tree times “Hurray!” They all went back to go their merry ways.

“You thought we forgot about your birthday, didn’t you?” His boss grinned at him while giving him a present neatly wrapped in blue paper. “This is from all of us. It was the only way to get your attention, now was it? You can put away that piece of yours now. ”



Day NINETY "Give It 100!
 
 
90% complete


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895090-The-quote-and-the-police-officer