*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895096-Obla-Di-Obla-Da
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#895096 added October 21, 2016 at 5:19am
Restrictions: None
Obla Di Obla Da
Whether we believe in fate or destiny, are convinced our lives are mapped out for us or suspect it's just all down to chance or choices, one thing is certain. Life is full of surprises and disappointments we cannot always avoid.

I plod along day by day, sometimes feeling optimistic and hopeful, sometimes overwhelmed by sadness and fear, but sure in the knowledge I have no choice but to keep going, trying and most of all to accept. Acceptance is the biggest and wisest step we can take regarding our life events.

I've had a good run these last few weeks with the rare feeling that everything seemed to be going my way. Too good to be true I suspected. My luck seems to have deserted me now, but I'm still grateful for what I do have and for the ability to cope in most situations.

After seven weeks of visiting, measuring up, asking questions and cheerful banter my house buyers pulled out for what they described as personal reasons. The God of irony ensured I'd had an offer on a house I liked accepted only the day before. So now I'm back to square one and awaiting viewers. It's moved into a bad time for house sales with the approach of winter and the season I love to hate already looming. With no prospect of moving in the near future I'm finding it more difficult and painful living in a house full of memories and a town I dislike.

People too are full of surprises and disappointments. Those who promise to call, keep in touch, visit and help out soon become distracted by their own lives and problems. I know I'm lucky to have so many people in my life and no doubt their intentions are good, but as we know actions speak louder than words and loneliness isn't easily dismissed. But I have to accept this is my life now and just get on with things. One day at a time sweet Jesus.

I suspect my stepdaughter has now cut me off completely and there will be little chance of straightening things out. I know we all have different values and try to respect the views of others, but sadly the time has come for her to accept she cannot always have her own way and needs to face some home truths. It saddens me for my husband's sake, but I won't be dictated to by others or tolerate deceitful behaviour. Que sera.

The weather and daylight hours are deteriorating and many are feeling their spirits sink so I'm not alone in that. And as I'm discovering you're never alone with a cat. I have changed his name to Dennis (as in Menace) and am wondering how something so small can cause so much havoc. My knitting, paper crafts and writing are presently redundant. He has a real interest in technology and has already sent some coded emails as well as monitoring my every word on the screen. But he's cute and funny so I'll let him stay.













© Copyright 2016 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895096-Obla-Di-Obla-Da