*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895110-Fiction-Friday-Incident-on-the-Graveyard-Shift
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#895110 added October 21, 2016 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Fiction Friday: Incident on the Graveyard Shift
Friday, October 21, 2016

It's a chilly morning in Las Vegas. The outdoor temperature is a brisk 59 degrees Fahrenheit. The indoor temperature is probably close to that because I have the door and window open. I don't feel the chill because I put on a long sleeved shirt. I haven't started wearing my sweaters because I have to pull them over my head when I wear them. This means I have to put them on under the my dress rather then over it. The shirt is easier to put on and take off because I wear it over my dress.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1436
You're a police officer. You turn down the volume on your radio for a few minutes. When you turn it back up, all you hear is screams from your fellow officers over the speakers.... it's your blog, have fun.

Incident on the Graveyard Shift

I hate working graveyard shift because that's when weird things always happen. I don't mind the criminals as much as the weird crimes and other stuff going down. I suppose if I ask for a day shift, I could get it. However, that would screw up the schedule of everyone else in my family. My husband and I have everything worked out so that one of us is home with the children 24/7. If we do need babysitters then either his or my parents are available.


Despite the fact that there was a full moon, it was a slow night on my beat. Most of the normal petty criminals were absent from their normal haunts. My radio was on, but the only thing I heard coming from the precinct house were complaints about the unusually warm weather. I turned the radio down so that I could call my husband to see how my daughter's first slumber party was going. I would've like to been there, but since both my mother-in-law and mother was there I figured three people could keep the slumber party shenanigans under control.

When I turned the volume up there were blood curdling screams coming from the station house as well as other patrol cars. I turned on my siren and sped to the station house. When I arrived at the station there were bodies scattered in front and on the steps. I tried calling for ambulances, but the only thing I got was static. I grabbed my shotgun (Yes, I know most police officers don't carry shotguns in their backseat, but in Wolverton a shotgun comes in handy.) from the backseat and went inside.

I burst through the front door and entered the main lobby. I paused, looked around at the bodies, and then went to the elevator. Before I could get to the elevator its door opened and monster stepped out dragging the 911 operator after it. The creature looked like a bipedal wolf. I raised my shotgun and fired. I know I hit the thing in the belly, but it didn't fall down. Instead it turned and ran toward the back exit.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895110-Fiction-Friday-Incident-on-the-Graveyard-Shift