*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895143
Rated: 13+ · Book · Philosophy · #2020664
Repository for my Zanier Ideas... on writing, and life.
#895143 added October 21, 2016 at 6:59pm
Restrictions: None
A matter of some delicacy
One does wonder what about the 'damage' done by putting a masher into the White House, I suppose. Not that it hasn't been done before, but the case can be made that this is a different game. This man flaunts his arrogance.


Young boys might get the message that they are wanted when they are not. They might get the idea their attentions are desirable or, if not, it is for some shallow reason that they are rejected: the size of their wallet or the color of their Ferrari. Certainly, they may get the idea that it is not a critical fault if they allow their enthusiasm to run over. None of this could be called new. People have been sowing their wild oats since before the English language echoed on our earth. People beat the drum of how wrong this is, to be brash or even crude. People say that this might lead to 'psychological damage' to our boys; forgive my skepticism. If hope and naivete are poison, then pour me a glass with Socrates.


I wonder, what about the messages that some men have been getting for years, that they are not wanted at all, that it is okay neither to touch nor to look. Do they not matter, or is it that you have heard nothing of their plight? What about a man who finds himself alone, so unused to human touch that when a willing lover is found, that lover feels rejected and abandons him? What about the man who takes an entire month of patient tuition before he can allow a loving caress on his shoulder without tensing up as if he's being assaulted?


You may think I am making these things up; I would understand if you did. I assure you, these things are lifted from the life of one man, presented without embellishment or exaggeration. I make only one case: men are people, too. Some of us actually listen and hear the nasty things you say about us.

© Copyright 2016 Joto-Kai (UN: jotokai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joto-Kai has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895143