*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895193-Love-and-carbon-monoxide
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#895193 added October 23, 2016 at 5:19am
Restrictions: None
Love and carbon monoxide
** Image ID #2099018 Unavailable **

*Right*Do you ever wish you could look back on your greatest love like they do in the movies? Look back on the fights or the misery or the sex or the love and see it all for what it really was? Would it make a great soap opera?(BC)

Frankly, no! I would not *BigSmile*. I have been in love a few times, had some wonderful sex along the way, there were fights, sure, but never did I yet meet my greatest love. That is still in the stars. But given my age and the fact that I am not searching for love I find it very hard to imagine I will meet this love of a lifetime. I hope to prove myself wrong, but I am not holding my breath.



*Right*What is the most annoying sound that you have ever heard? Where were you, and what did you do?(BCoFs)

That would be the sound of the carbon monoxide alarm. I have two in my house. One in the kitchen for my water heater, and one in the living room for my gas heater. Last June, I was working for WdC at the computer in my study, and the alarm went off.

It was a high-pitched sound, very annoying and also it startled me. I couldn’t get it off at first. I went to the balcony to be outside with that terrible sound since my dog gets really nervous by this sound. I asked another neighbor if he knew how to put the alarm off, but he didn’t know either. So I just yanked the alarm threads and it was silenced.

Then I had to react to the carbon monoxide threat. I opened all the windows in the house to let the fresh air in. I remembered that I had to call the fire brigade if the alarm went off, so I googled the information first. It really said that the best thing to do was call 911. So I did, although with hesitation. But the dispatcher forwarded the call to the fire brigade. They said I did well. I had to close the windows again, pack up my stuff and my dog and leave the house immediately to wait outside for them to arrive. I did just that.

First, a police patrol car pulled over with two police officers, and within 5 minutes the fire brigade was there, with 6 men in full gear and a fully equipped vehicle. It was a little embarrassing because I still didn’t know what was going on. Did the alarm just malfunction or was there a real threat? But they assured me it was the best thing to stay safe. So they went in with three men, did some checks in the house and came out again. Nothing was found. They left again, but again they said it was good I had alerted them since there are still people dying because of carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a silent killer. You can’t smell or notice anything yet it kills.

I was relieved, went back into the house and wrote a poem about the experience, which by the way is no longer there because I deleted by accident my poetry blog a few weeks later.

I bought a new alarm the next day and hope to never hear that awful sound again, except when there is really something wrong.*BigSmile*

Day NINETY ONE "Give It 100!

 
 
91% complete


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895193-Love-and-carbon-monoxide